Buttons on front of teeth... do they get better?!

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

littleozzyman

Buttons on front of teeth... do they get better?!

#1 Post by littleozzyman »

Hey guys,

I just got my first set of invisalign retainers! Though it's very exciting, I was kinda dismayed to see that a few of my front teeth have buttons on them. Wish the orthodontist would have warned me about that ahead of time.

They haven't yet glued the buttons on my teeth... they said that I'll wear this first said for two weeks before they put on the buttons, so that it doesn't hurt that much. Right now, there is this big empty bubble on the front teeth where the buttons should go... maybe I'm just too obsessive-compulsive, but I think it's pretty noticeable.

My question is, does it get any better when they put the buttons on? Does it become less noticeable?

Also, my front teeth have 11 retainers, my botton 23... when I finish the front teeth, will they be able to take the buttons off and then just let me wear an invisalign retainer without any buttons?

chrisd

#2 Post by chrisd »

the bumps are a bit less noticable with the attachments on the teeth, but i always felt they were still pretty visable. that said only one person ever noticed my invisalign, or atleast only one person ever said anything;-)
you will have to keep those attachments on top for awhile even after you finish the last aligner, just to help everything kind of settle in before taking them off and getting retainers
chris