NO PAIN...NO GAIN!

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BZB

NO PAIN...NO GAIN!

#1 Post by BZB »

Hi everyone,
I just got my invisalign braces 5 days ago. My teeth in general are in good shape and straight, however I do have some crowding on my bottom teeth. I have 8 trays for the top and 18 for the bottom. Anyway, my concern during my first week of treatment is that I have expereinced no pain or pressure whatsoever. I have read on the boards that most people feel some degree of soreness or tenderness especially at the start of their new braces. Should I be concerned that maybe my ortho didn't take a proper impression of my teeth. I'm just not sure they're working. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

chrisd

#2 Post by chrisd »

my first set didn't hurt either. sometimes the first set only moves the teeth back to where they were at the time of impressions. teeth are always shifting a bit. then the real movement begins with the next set. that is how it was for me.
chris

harvardboi

#3 Post by harvardboi »

my first set of aligners were not painful persay, it was just extremely uncomfortable having plastic in my mouth. might sound funny, but i felt claustrophobic.

the other sets hurt quite a but for about two days. they hurt when they are taken off and put back on. i end up not taking them off for the first 24 hours and wahtch when I chew with them off as my teeth contact eachother in different places with each set.

i am just goin with the flow.

rooroo

#4 Post by rooroo »

Now that I think about it, my first set didn't hurt much either. Lots of orthos will put brackets and a very light wire on when patients first get braces because they want them to get used to living with braces before they make the teeth move. Perhaps Invisalign is following the same idea?
2 year Invisalign patient graduated to ceramics to finish up treatment