What is your opinion on Invisalign braces

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SarahJoe

What is your opinion on Invisalign braces

#1 Post by SarahJoe »

I hope this is the right board for this.
I've been worried about my teeth for years and now am finally quite close to booking a consultation for invisible braces.
My lower teeth are primarily wonky, although my top set could do with a tweak to straighten them up.
How does Invisalign's dental treatment work, and how is it made of? Is it comparable to traditional metal braces?
Has anyone got any recommendations? I have googled this but would like to hear your experiences and how cheap it can be.
Can anyone share your experiences with me?

SarahJoe

Re: What is your opinion on Invisalign braces

#2 Post by SarahJoe »

Can anyone please help me???

bbsadmin

#3 Post by bbsadmin »

Here are some good articles to get you started:

https://www.archwired.com/category/invisible-aligners/
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

SarahJoe

#4 Post by SarahJoe »

Thank you for your great share!
I got a chance to get more pieces of information regarding the Invisalign braces.
But I'm excited and eager to know more personal experiences from many people on this board as I have booked for my first sitting of the Invisalign treatment next week.
I hope someone will be there to share their thoughts and
experiences and I'm eagerly waiting for that.
Thanks!

dojo

#5 Post by dojo »

I had Invisalign, after few months in Damon. Was on a barter with the orthodontist, which allowed me to "test" 2 options. To be honest, it was a bad idea, Invisalign didn't work and now the teeth are still crooked. As soon as I'll be able to solve other issues (serious gum recession, most likely after the treatment), I'll either choose traditional braces or Damon. Am too old to count on looks anymore :D

Invisalign is a breeze to wear, if you don't have a complex case, but mine was pretty complicated, so it didn't really do too much.
Orthodontics patient from 2007 to 2010.
Orthodontic Braces

xsports

#6 Post by xsports »

I am working in the City of London. A few of my colleagues took up Invisalign braces treatment from a cosmetic dentist in London Blackfriars - Whites Dental. My two colleagues are currently in months 4 of their braces treatment and saying good things both for the Invisalign braces and also for Dr Kiren, their dentist at Whites Dental. Given the number of colleagues who are taking up braces treatment, I am giving thought as well to improving my smile - given the huge amount of time we spend looking at our own faces on Zoom calls. Having said that, I am unclear whether I want to spend a year getting my teeth straightened using Invisalign - I am told I can have mine fixed faster with composite bonding and potentially also veneers. I have 2 crooked teeth that I dont like the look of. Based on the recommendation of my colleagues, I went to see Dr Kiren for a consultation as well. She explained that Invisalign braces will work on my teeth, but will likely take almost 9-10 months to fix my teeth - she also gave me a price of £2.5k for the braces. However, more importantly, she also gave me the option of veneers - both porcelain and composite. Did say however that the results may not be as good - but will likely be very close to those from Invisalign. The price is much lower - at £1k. And she can have it done in a month. She's given me an appointment in end Jan for the treatment (gosh - can they really be that busy? especially given the pandemic - anyway). I have subsequently had a second opinion from another dentist close to where I live in Richmond - similar advise but much more expensive. Considering going to Dr Kiren in end Jan - will keep you posted with results.

Broadly speaking, I thought Dr Kiren was really good - although I am basing this purely on my impression of her during the initial consultation and what my colleagues say about their experience. She is based A=at Whites Dental in Blackfriars - I think i will definitely recommend her for a chat/consultation. Link below if you are interested.

www.whitesdental.co.uk/

Will provide an update in end Jan/early Feb.
P