New to Invisalign, but not new to braces and COFFEE!!

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lizziebeth1028

New to Invisalign, but not new to braces and COFFEE!!

#1 Post by lizziebeth1028 »

Hi Folks! I just got Invisalign last week! My back story is - I recently had clear braces which were removed in August of this year after only 11 months. I did not feel my teeth were ready to be de-braced but my Ortho insisted that I was done and my teeth would look good after the braces come off. Long story short - no they didn't. I was very unhappy with my result - and went back to the Ortho and told him I was not happy. He offered a round of Invisalign - he would not charge me for the additional work he would have to do and I paid $900 for 16 Invisalign trays. So here I am - starting another 'braces' journey. One week in and can I say COFFEE! I am a morning coffee drinker, and I like to take my time drinking it. So far this has been my biggest adjustment. The dental assistant said I 'could' drink coffee with the trays in if it's luke warm and I rinse my mouth and trays afterward. Mehhhhh....not sure I'm too keen on this since it feels I'm breaking the rules. I've limited myself to one cup of coffee without the trays and I drink it done relatively quickly. How are you all dealing with your caffeine fix?? And damn - I think I'm already losing weight from not being able to snack! Share your tips and trick and feel free to commiserate!

Speck

Re: New to Invisalign, but not new to braces and COFFEE!!

#2 Post by Speck »

Started out with Invisalign and stuck with it for five months, then switched to regular braces. For me, definitely a good move; so much more freedom now.
-Andy

jeffhere

#3 Post by jeffhere »

Good on you for restraining your coffee drinking and snacking!
I did not have the same restraint and can say it impacted my results

Jfullflow10

#4 Post by Jfullflow10 »

I had Invisalign for about 7 months before my double jaw surgery and then switched to normal braces after due to some complications but I will say, my orthodontist wasn't concerned at all with drinking hot coffee with my invisalign. I never had an issue and I typically drink one cup every morning at my desk. I would brush my teeth and aligners after the cup though just so it wouldn't stain. The good thing, even if you get a stain on an aligner, you switch it out within a pretty short period of time anyway.