Slanted teeth

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kushami

Slanted teeth

#1 Post by kushami »

Has anyone been able to have Invisalign for slanted teeth? About two years ago, I noticed that my side teeth, towards the front, top and bottom, were now sloping markedly inwards. I was quite alarmed by this. I visited a local orthodontist and he told me that they had probably always been like that (not true!). I have since read that this slanting movement can be caused by bone loss in the late 30s, which makes sense.

Anyway, I would like to halt and correct the slant. I looked on the Invisalign website, but the "Smile Assessment" has no category for tilting teeth. Are they excluded?

My main criteria for treatment is that I must be able to brush my teeth normally and not have stuff getting stuck. I don't mind how long it takes, and I don't mind wearing any kind of device, day or night, as long as I can take it out to eat and brush.

Speck

Re: Slanted teeth

#2 Post by Speck »

That's one of the conditions (both upper and lower arches) for which I'm undergoing treatment with Invisalign.
-Andy