Invisalign not tracked

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chinglnc

Invisalign not tracked

#1 Post by chinglnc »

Hi

My tray does not track as how it should be, there is a gap between the teeth and the tray and i could feel the tray is not as fit anymore.

The gap is getting bigger as I progress- I saw my ortho last week and he did minor IPR hoping that it will leave some room for the teeth to move. He asked me to come back 8 weeks later.

Today, I put on a new pair of tray and the gap definitely is getting bigger - it's actually making it more visible because of the gap. I definitely don't feel it's as tight as it should be.

Should I ring my ortho again? I am surprise to hear that he only wants me to come back 8 weeks later- but I feel the tray is not doing anything as it's not sitting tight properly.

Did anyone have the problem fixed right way when your teeth is not as tracked as it should?

Thank you

Beemur

Re: Invisalign not tracked

#2 Post by Beemur »

I recently had one tooth like that, It got worse over the course of about 4 weeks. If I pushed on the aligner where it wasn't fitting, it would push up a little but kind of 'fall' back down, not snug fitting. When I was getting really concerned I called my ortho and they said they would check it at my appointment which was 5 days later. The tooth definitely wasn't tracking, it was my left upper canine.
He spoke about how it was easy to fix without a mid course correction because it was only one tooth and could be fixed with an elastic. That was a few weeks ago, I wore the elastic for 2 weeks on and off and the tooth was fixed and on track in about 10-12 days. They told me I would need the elastic for 8 weeks but I called and said how it was perfectly fitting in the aligner now and they told me to just wear it at night for the first couple of days of a new aligner, it's now exactly the same fit as all the other teeth.

If I were you, I would call your ortho and mention your concerns about how bad it's getting. While elastics can be annoying, they might be able to assist and it's a lot better than doing new impressions and waiting for a whole new set of trays :D

chinglnc

Re: Invisalign not tracked

#3 Post by chinglnc »

thanks for sharing your experience. I wasn't aware you can use elastic with invisalign.

Just saw the ortho, and he said 'not to worry' and ask me to continue wearing the aligner for another 6 weeks until we rescan the teeth for the refinement as we are too closed to christmas break...

Not super happy with the advice but I guess I just have to wait...