Here's what I did when I broke my wrist during my Invisalign treatment

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

inkygirl

Here's what I did when I broke my wrist during my Invisalign treatment

#1 Post by inkygirl »

I'm about 2/3 way through my treatment. I broke my wrist at the end of August and had to wear a cast for 5 weeks. It was more of a hassle dealing with Invisalign at the same time, but I got through it ok. Here's what helped me, in case this helps anyone else in the same situation:

- I used the small dental pick flossers in my on-the-go kit instead of regular floss (which requires two hands). At home, I used Listerine Ultraclean Flossers because the longer handle was more comfortable in my hand, and I could replace the floss bit at the end.

- I allocated more time for the flossing/brushing. That way I didn't get frustrated or feel hurried.

The wrist break happened when I was used to putting in and taking out my trays, because then I was experienced enough to take out and put in trays one-handed ... but again, I had to allocate more time, especially with a new set of trays that fit very tightly over my attachments.

Biggest piece of advice: try not to break your wrist! :wink:

Debbie
Debbie Ridpath Ohi - DebbieOhi.com - Twitter: @inkyelbows - Instagram: @inkygirl

chinglnc

Re: Here's what I did when I broke my wrist during my Invisalign treatment

#2 Post by chinglnc »

Thank you for sharing this- it's always useful to know how we can floss/brush better when don't have both hands.

How do you find using Dental Pick Flosser? I attempted to use it but find it really difficult for the back teeth....

inkygirl

Re: Here's what I did when I broke my wrist during my Invisalign treatment

#3 Post by inkygirl »

re: Dental Pick Flosser and back teeth - it took a bit of practice but it was fine after the first couple awkward attempts. :-)
Debbie Ridpath Ohi - DebbieOhi.com - Twitter: @inkyelbows - Instagram: @inkygirl