Clear mouthwash for invisalign?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chinglnc

Clear mouthwash for invisalign?

#1 Post by chinglnc »

Hello

I am wondering what kind of mouthwash do people use during invisalign treatment.

I floss, brush (including tongue) and use mouthwash every time after I eat something, but I still get the residual taste in my mouth- I suppose it's really difficult to clean our mouths perfectly.

What else do you do to keep your mouth clean before putting the trays on?

Has anyone used a 'clear mouthwash' before? I haven't found any clear mouthwash but just read about C12 breathrinse.

1. Does anyone know whether we can use clear mouthwash with the tray in?
2. Do you use any other mouth cleaning product such as C12? Do they actually work?

Thank you

Eluthiel

Re: Clear mouthwash for invisalign?

#2 Post by Eluthiel »

Hello!

I am currently wearing a clear Essix retainer while waiting to get Invisalign. I am using (and recommend) Xlear Spry Oral Rinse mouthwash. I've used both Wintergreen and Cool Mint flavors - both are clear and really nice! They don't burn and contain xylitol, which is supposed to be great for teeth. I buy mine online, as I haven't seen it in stores.

I've not used it with the tray in, but I can't see why it would hurt. I just swish with it after brushing/flossing before putting my retainers in. I plan to do the same with Invisalign.

Hope this helps!

FlyByNight

Re: Clear mouthwash for invisalign?

#3 Post by FlyByNight »

I use mouthwash every night after I brush, and before I put my Essix retainers in. No matter what you’re going to taste the mouthwash, unless you rinse with water after.