Progress

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PinkPeep

Progress

#1 Post by PinkPeep »

Hi Everyone.
I am about 8 weeks into my journey and I have settled into my invisalign routine and it's honestly not too bad. The attachments have added an element of annoyance, but I am learning to deal with it. There is one attachment on my lower canine that pinches my lip when I eat, and that is probably the biggest issue. I just have to be aware and chew carefully. The speech issues have mostly resolved as well. They are much worse when my mouth dries out or when I am talking for a long time. I was really hoping for this journey to be a private one with just my immediate family knowing, so my biggest struggle has been the prominence of the attachments. What I am doing for now, is removing the aligners before I go into work for "shift change over"when I have to give and receive updates, then I replace the aligners for the remainder of my shift. It has worked to my satisfaction so far, as I do not have a lot of face to face interaction. Without the aligners in, the attachments are only visible on my canines when I smile. I don't know why this bothers me so much, but it does.

One odd thing that has happened...I lost an aligner the other day. I am baffled about this. I removed the aligners to eat a bowl of cereal. I placed them in my soaking tray. My DD confirmed this when I spoke to her. I use a plastic spoon to remove my aligners because my nails are fragile. DD saw me using my spoon and asked about it is why we remember. After the cereal, I brushed, flossed and went about my bedtime routine. When I woke up for breakfast, I removed my top aligner and went to remove my bottom one and it was not there. I do not know what happened to it. I put in my next aligner expecting the other one to turn up somewhere. It has not appeared yet. Very, very very odd. :crazy:

teeebeee

Re: Progress

#2 Post by teeebeee »

Did the cereal seem extra crunchy??? :wink:

Glad it's going well...mostly!

T xx

lilyflower

Re: Progress

#3 Post by lilyflower »

The lost aligner is the one thing I haven't yet experienced. I've experienced lost attachments, cracked aligners and the stomach flu (which resulted in needing to remove aligners to vomit)

I agree the routine is not that bad once you get used to it and generally your oral health improves during treatment due to all the extra brushing. I had the easiest cleaning of my life on Friday.

Also, a tip I swear by buy straws in bulk. Straws are your friend. Most cold to room temp beverages can be consumed via straw with aligners in as long as you brush later.
The problems:
Lower crowding, a slightly rotated upper canine and a deep bite

Invisalign G5 started Oct 12, 2015
Attachments: 21
Total number of trays: 28 upper, 38 lower
Estimated treatment time: 18 months
Follow my progress http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=49130