So...what exactly is up with my teeth?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

overjetoverbite

So...what exactly is up with my teeth?

#1 Post by overjetoverbite »

I'm getting Invisalign next month, and I've had a removable jaw expander for the past 4 months to get rid of my crossbite in the back of my mouth, and it seems like it's doing the job.

They're putting me on Invisialign next month for a year and a half to two years. I'm in my mid 20's. By viewing these photos how much of my overjet and overbite is at MM? What do you think is the cause of this? Will Invisalign fix this..especially an overjet if I get elastics with the Invisalign?

Why are my front teeth also "shifting" more towards the right? Will Invisalign fix that also? One more question I've noticed those photos are about a month old. When I smile now my gums are showing more than usual. Is this normal?

http://imgur.com/a/cc7pG

overjetoverbite

Re: So...what exactly is up with my teeth?

#2 Post by overjetoverbite »

bump

newbite

Re: So...what exactly is up with my teeth?

#3 Post by newbite »

You're going to have all kinds of changes to your teeth during treatment. Everyone says it gets worse before it gets better. Then sometimes it gets worse again! And then better, etc. Same thing with the amount of pain you may experience.

I have no idea how many mm off your bite is, you should ask your ortho. Whether your ortho can correct that with Invisalign depends a lot on their experience and skill level. Personally, I would get regular braces if I were you.

You probably already have your Invisalign, though, at this point. How is it going?
•Braces placed August 14, 2014
•Deband November 11, 2015
•Permanent retainer top and bottom
•Essix retainers top and bottom 16 hr/day for a year and then nightly afterwards.

My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 51#p455351