I did it!

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PinkPeep

I did it!

#1 Post by PinkPeep »

Hello Everyone!

I have been a lurker on the board for many years trying to decide what to do about my ever shifting teeth. My Journey has been a long one, and yesterday I signed my contract and had my scan done for invisalign! I am excited, and a bit nervous as well. I guess I will be less of a lurker and more of a regular now. :BigTeethGrin:

lilyflower

Re: I did it!

#2 Post by lilyflower »

Welcome! It feels like forever between when you have your scans/records and when you get your first set of aligners.
The problems:
Lower crowding, a slightly rotated upper canine and a deep bite

Invisalign G5 started Oct 12, 2015
Attachments: 21
Total number of trays: 28 upper, 38 lower
Estimated treatment time: 18 months
Follow my progress http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=49130

lilyflower

#3 Post by lilyflower »

Welcome! It feels like forever between when you have your scans/records and when you get your first set of aligners.
The problems:

teeebeee

#4 Post by teeebeee »

Hellllllllllllllllllllo! :)

T xx

nitro

#5 Post by nitro »

Welcome aboard!

PinkPeep

#6 Post by PinkPeep »

Thanks Everyone! I have a feeling I am going to like this board. Everyone seems so friendly!

nitro

#7 Post by nitro »

Thanks Everyone! I have a feeling I am going to like this board. Everyone seems so friendly!
It's much nicer being an adult with braces than a kid/teenager with braces. Adults are far more supportive than kids ;-) Except that lilyflower person... watch out for her ;-)

lilyflower

#8 Post by lilyflower »

nitro wrote:
It's much nicer being an adult with braces than a kid/teenager with braces. Adults are far more supportive than kids ;-) Except that lilyflower person... watch out for her ;-)
LOL, Nitro! :lol:

To the OP: let us know when you finally get your date for your aligners. Also, if you have any attachments planned do yourself a favor and put LOTS of lip balm on your lips before the appointment. This was the one thing I didn't think to do and I was super dry.
The problems:

PinkPeep

#9 Post by PinkPeep »

Hi,

I just got the call, I am set up for Thurs. In two days, I will be braced. :tingrin:

lilyflower

#10 Post by lilyflower »

PinkPeep wrote:Hi,

I just got the call, I am set up for Thurs. In two days, I will be braced. :tingrin:
Are you getting attachments at this time or just aligners?
The problems:

nitro

#11 Post by nitro »

It seems like today is the day. How did everything go? Any new questions, ideas, concerns? Also, enjoy your liquid dinner tonight :-*

PinkPeep

#12 Post by PinkPeep »

Hello Everyone,
Well, today was the day. I went in for my appointment. I will have some attachments, but none on my front 4 teeth, so that is great news! I will also have a little bit of IPR on some oversized crowns. They want to do IPR on one of my front teeth, they say it is a wee bit bigger than the other one, but I think I will talk to him about not doing that one. The top aligner felt tight when I put it in and it is a little sore now, so I am getting ready to take some tylenol or advil for that. Oh, I have the turbos on the aligner behind my front teeth. I did anticipate that after reading on the board, as I have a deep bite. What I was not expecting, was that the top edge of the front teeth has a reinforced area that looks like it was crimped for extra strength. It causes the top of the aligner to fold out a bit as well as shrink away from the gum line. It makes it look more noticable.

PinkPeep

#13 Post by PinkPeep »

Oh, I forgot to mention, I am starting a NEW job tomorrow. I think I might leave my trays out for introductions and training. :oops:

nitro

#14 Post by nitro »

I never really liked IPR, not because of discomfort, but because I knew I'd never get the enamel back and I worked hard for that enamel damnit :wink: Did you decide to do the first day of the new job with, or without your aligners?

lilyflower

#15 Post by lilyflower »

PinkPeep wrote:Hello Everyone,
Well, today was the day. I went in for my appointment. I will have some attachments, but none on my front 4 teeth, so that is great news! I will also have a little bit of IPR on some oversized crowns. They want to do IPR on one of my front teeth, they say it is a wee bit bigger than the other one, but I think I will talk to him about not doing that one. The top aligner felt tight when I put it in and it is a little sore now, so I am getting ready to take some tylenol or advil for that. Oh, I have the turbos on the aligner behind my front teeth. I did anticipate that after reading on the board, as I have a deep bite. What I was not expecting, was that the top edge of the front teeth has a reinforced area that looks like it was crimped for extra strength. It causes the top of the aligner to fold out a bit as well as shrink away from the gum line. It makes it look more noticable.
The thing that looks reinforced is a power ridge - they generally serve the purpose for NOT having to put attachments on front teeth and they almost always are used with the bite ramps for deep bite. Generally if you look closely - you should have them on the four front teeth on the top. Where and how many bite ramps you have depends exactly on your bite. I am stuck with 3 for the foreseeable future (mainly because one of my lower central incisors is waaaay back)

From my experience, day 2 is the worst. It was really the one day that I was like "owwww". Pro-tip - take some OTC pain meds before every tray change. Tray 2 will definitely not as hurt as much but you'll still that tight feeling. After about a week, the aligner will feel loose - or even VERY loose. Once I got over the day 2 hump as I called it I was fine - and I'm saying that as someone with power ridges, bite ramps and 21 attachments.
The problems: