Anyone's first trays not fit?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Porkchop Womack

Anyone's first trays not fit?

#1 Post by Porkchop Womack »

So I was set to get my first Invisalign trays today. Top is fine, bottom doesn't fit at all. When they scanned my teeth I had a bad tooth that I knew was getting either a filling or a crown. I told the scanner and she was all "Oh, it's fine! they will still work!" Spoiler alert: they didn't. After waiting almost 8 weeks after the scan to get the trays, I now have to get rescanned and trays remade. I'm having a root canal tomorrow and hopefully then seating the new crown. And then re-scan. Sigh. They said it won't take nearly as long...but who knows?

Just wondering if anyone else had this happen. Did you have a quicker turn around after the rescan? I'm just frustrated b/c my first consultation was in March! Plus, after they scanned my teeth the trays were supposed to be back about a month later but it ended up being 2.

kittenpoint

Re: Anyone's first trays not fit?

#2 Post by kittenpoint »

When I went and got mine done they waited until after I knew if I was going to have to get a root canal, but even then I had to get the top mold taken twice. It took 6 weeks for Invisalign to reject the first mold and then another 6 weeks to get the trays; not including the snow storm that pushed it back a couple more weeks.

It's not surprising that it took 2 months to get your trays in, though I'm a bit surprised that they didn't wait until after your root canal before scanning your teeth. I hate to say it but it will probably take just as long this time as it did last time.
Invisalign Started - 2/12/2014
25/25U - 5 Attachments
25/25L - 7 Attachments + 2 Metal Buttons
Elastics Started - Bears - 4/3/2014 | Latex Problem - Switched to Latex Free Jellyfish - 8/7/2014
Attachments Removed - 1/5/2015
Elastics Finished 2/9/2015
Bonded Upper Retainer - 2/9/2015
Removable Hawley Retainers - 3/5/2015

arciedee

Re: Anyone's first trays not fit?

#3 Post by arciedee »

Ugh, that stinks! Not sure where you are, but the turn-around on my original trays was 4 weeks from the time I was scanned. Hopefully they can get them to you in a month this time... it's so frustrating when you've decided to finally do something and you end up having all these unexpected delays!