Toothbrushes?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

k80

Toothbrushes?

#1 Post by k80 »

One of my favorite things about Invisalign is being able to really brush my teeth! I've wanted to invest in an electric toothbrush for awhile... what are your thoughts?

Do you like these toothbrushes? Do you own one? And do you have a recommendation for me? :)

arciedee

Re: Toothbrushes?

#2 Post by arciedee »

I've been using an electric toothbrush for a few years and definitely feel that it's been good for my overall oral health (I was getting some gum recession due to my overly-vigorous brushing with a manual brush. I started with the cheap ones made by one of the regular toothbrush manufacturers (I think it was a Crest spinbrush?), which worked okay, but I got annoyed at having to replace the batteries so often, so I bought an Oral B rechargeable one. Not sure which model, but it was probably one of the less expensive ones and it works great.

LawStudentBraceFace

#3 Post by LawStudentBraceFace »

Honestly, I feel like electric toothbrushes are awesome, but nothing beats the power of the WaterPik!

http://www.waterpik.com/oral-health/

kittenpoint

#4 Post by kittenpoint »

I have a Rota-Dent, my previous dentist had me buy that years ago from his office. I really like it because it because the head spins 360 degrees and brushes are very dense so they're not flimsy; you really have to keep your mouth closed when brushing though, the toothpaste seriously goes flying. You usually have to get them from your dentist but you can buy them online. Fair warning the brush heads are kind of expensive.

cs2thecox

#5 Post by cs2thecox »

I have an Oral B Professional Care and noticed a MASSIVE difference from the cheaper Oral Bs.
They are really expensive, but my dentist sells them at cost price, and either Boots or Superdrug almost always has them on less than half price. (Although that's only helpful to those in the UK...)
I think it's worth the investment though. Dentistry is so expensive, and I've had so much over the years, that frankly a bit more on a good toothbrush is a drop in the ocean.

I'd never go back to only manual now - I use one at lunchtime at work, and on the plane when I travel (a lot) but it just doesn't feel so clean! And I was starting to get gum recession from over-enthusiastic manual brushing too.

I'm also a recent convert to the WaterPik. Wow!

k80

#6 Post by k80 »

Thank you all for the input! I've been very curious about Waterpik too. May need to look into it!

emilyvonstroodle

#7 Post by emilyvonstroodle »

I have just invested in a fairly cheap electric toothbrush and what a difference!

I am currently 3 weeks in to my inman aligner treatment, and feel the electric toothbrush gives a really effective clean.

Most models pause briefly every 30 seconds so you know to move to next quadrant too, which I think is rather nifty!!