Braces after Invisalign?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

donuts

Braces after Invisalign?

#1 Post by donuts »

Anyone have to get braces after their invisalign? I viewed my clincheck video and didnt really like the results because they cannot fully close the space between my teeth. Thought on getting braces after for a little to fix my bite and completely close my space? Only reason there is an issue is because I have a canine in my gums and refuse to get surgery

k80

Re: Braces after Invisalign?

#2 Post by k80 »

I'm aware this is a little late, but I wanted to reply anyway.

When I went to my doctor, he told me that two of my back most teeth had not extruded all the way. I'd never noticed, but there's literally only the tops sticking out. So, to correct this, he suggested I go ahead with Invisalign (FOR TWO YEARS!) and then he'd put some clean braces on me to pull those teeth out (free of charge, thankfully). I bought Acceledent to make my treatment go faster. This was all in July. I'm scheduled to complete my Invisalign in March and, soon after?, start my braces. I think it's okay because then I can do all my refinements in that same time.

Do what ya gotta do! :lol:

Melissa0131

#3 Post by Melissa0131 »

A friend of mine did they same thing after she was done with invisalign . I think she wore regular braces for 3-4 months afterwards. Good luck!

Lala082008

#4 Post by Lala082008 »

For those of you who got braces after invisalign, did you have to pay for them again or was that part of your original contract?

kbracedm

#5 Post by kbracedm »

My ortho offered this option to me if I'm not satisfied with my teeth after Invisalign. I was really torn between braces and Invis, but I went with it due to age and they seem easier to maintain gum health. It should be interesting to see my feelings when I'm done with treatment. My first set of aligners is 24 and I'm using Acceledent to hopefully finish sooner. I feel like my major concern is my gap on my front teeth and if that closes I can't imagine opting for braces. Time will tell though.

alertleaf

#6 Post by alertleaf »

I have heard that sometimes if Invisalign (and the refinements) cannot totally straighten the teeth the ortho might fit you with a traditional brace for a short while afterwards, just to complete the movement of teeth.
I don’t have any issues with this, but I can understand people do if they really don’t want people to see they have a brace.