Red, white, and blue retainer system

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Martha

Red, white, and blue retainer system

#1 Post by Martha »

Has anyone used this system? I am mid-fifties, had braces at 30 years old, lost the retainer years ago. There is some slight overlap of my two front teeth, slight rotation of side teeth upper and lower, and some slanting of bottom teeth. The ortho consult was that the red, white, and blue system of three retainers would correct/improve the situation. Full upper and lower braces would do more improvement, but the result should be acceptable with the RWB system. The cost is about $2700 less with the retainer system vs ceramic braces. This is a total of three retainers, not 18+ like with the Invisalign system. Any comments or opinions?

Thanks in advance.

bbsadmin

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

Martha,

Was your consult with an orthodontist or a dentist who sometimes does ortho work?
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Martha

#3 Post by Martha »

Thanks for your message. My consult was with an orhto who is treating my 14 year old daughter. I have been pleased with his quality of treatment with her. He is probably in his early thirties.

drrick

#4 Post by drrick »

they work --OK.

Will do minor stuff, but dont expect major stuff to occur
Developer of:
The Powerprox Six Month Braces(R) Technique
http://sixmonthbraces.com/

Powerprox Six Month Braces(R)on ABC News

Martha

#5 Post by Martha »

Thanks very much for your comment. Sounds realistic. I asppreciate your posting.

ThatsMrsGeek2U

#6 Post by ThatsMrsGeek2U »

In case any fellow readers also don't know what red, white, and blue is I googled it:

http://www.aoalab.com/

chrisd

#7 Post by chrisd »

i had this. i had some minor crowding from a relapse of my lowers. the red white and blue system resulted in about 85-90 % improvment. neverthe less i am now in invislalign to correct some other issues. they did work ok to correct most of some very minor crowding.
hope this he;lps, chris