Has anyone ever asked for their money back?????

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LilMiss

Has anyone ever asked for their money back?????

#1 Post by LilMiss »

Probably a stupid question, but has anyone ever been given at least a partial refund because the treatment was obviously just not working out and their Invasalign provider had to admit defeat?

I'm pretty certain that my provider doesn't really know what they are doing and I have parted with a lot of money. I now feel as though I am being persuaded to stop treatment before any of my problems have really been fixed. I want to transfer my treatment to someone else, even if it means braces, but can't afford to do this if I don't get some money back.

Is there any way you can lodge a complaint either with Invisalign or somewhere else if you just feel your dentist is out to make money without providing any results? :cry:

sweetcynic

Re: Has anyone ever asked for their money back?????

#2 Post by sweetcynic »

Is your current provider able and willing to provide you with braces? If so, are they charging extra? Mine said that I could finish off with braces if the need arose after the end of invisalign treatment.

LilMiss

#3 Post by LilMiss »

Yes, braces were mentioned as a possibility at an extra cost of $1500 AU, which apparently only covers the cost of materials (yeah right!). I think that was possibly mentioned after I'd already signed on the dotted line. I don't think braces are the issue though, and if I did need them I wouldn't be spending the extra money at this practice!

Avalon Rose

#4 Post by Avalon Rose »

I'd say that the only thing to do would be to ask himto put braces and if once again nothing is changing, then I'd say they have to give you your money back, I mean you went there for them to help you and if they havent been able to help you then you'd think they'd offer either your money back or a transfer to another orthodontist with just a settling fee, not an entire braces charge.