How often do you have your teeth cleaned?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

menomomma

How often do you have your teeth cleaned?

#1 Post by menomomma »

I'm getting my first Invisalign trays on Monday. I was wondering if your dentist recommended more frequent dental hygiene appointments during Invisalign treatment? How often do you have your teeth professionally cleaned during your Invisalign treatment?

mollyluise

Re: How often do you have your teeth cleaned?

#2 Post by mollyluise »

I have traditional braces, but I upped my cleanings to every 3 months from every 6 months. I'm super afraid of staining and they said that it would help :)

30 years old, In-Ovation C, estimated 16-18 months :)

menomomma

#3 Post by menomomma »

The dental technician told me it was a good idea to have your teeth professionally cleaned every 3 months while wearing Invisalign.

JillianElizabeth

#4 Post by JillianElizabeth »

My ortho recommended twice a year and my insurance won't pay for more! but with invisalign you're brushing your teeth more frequently anyway so you shouldn't need to go every 3 months unless it's a personal preference!

xtina81

#5 Post by xtina81 »

My dentist is also my Invisalign provider. I go in every 6 months. You're oral hygiene really ramps up with Invisalign (or it should!) so my last cleaning was nothing. Also, the straighter your teeth are, they easier they are to keep clean anyway.
Finally, after 31 years...
20/27U 20/27L - 9 attachments on 7 teeth

http://www.xtina81.blogspot.com

maria82

#6 Post by maria82 »

Every 2-3 months I go.