I no longer trust my dentist...

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mantora

I no longer trust my dentist...

#1 Post by mantora »

Since I got my braces on back in September, my dentist has become more and more carless with what she does in my mouth. I have had various cuts and scrapes in my mouth where she has slipped. I would be fine if it was an uncommon thing, but it seems now that whenever I go to her it is guaranteed that she will make a painful mistake. Last week she was replacing my wire and tried to stick a drill in my mouth and, with her rep for slipping up, I refused. Now I don't seem to have the courage to go back... help?
:(

smileyleanna

Re: I no longer trust my dentist...

#2 Post by smileyleanna »

That doesn't sound good at all, can imagine your appointments are becoming quite a daunting experience... Could you change dentists at all? Depending on how much you have already paid/how far along treatment is etc. you may be able to ask for another dentist either at the same surgery or a completely new one?

mantora

#3 Post by mantora »

I wish I could change dentist, but I'm in the middle of a procedure and can't back out now... :cry:

MeMeMe321

#4 Post by MeMeMe321 »

Maybe you should change dentist, she sounds to risky ! my last dentist did the same with me.

TheTeethMan

#5 Post by TheTeethMan »

[quote="mantora"]I wish I could change dentist, but I'm in the middle of a procedure and can't back out now... :cry:[/quote]

What procedure would prevent you from changing dentist? I can't imagine... :o