having bad teeth

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MIKE82

having bad teeth

#1 Post by MIKE82 »

what do you think people think when there talking to you?

I've not always had bad teeth, they've slipped as ive got older and now look terrible. When I talk to people I can see them starring at my teeth and it proper does my head in

Wonder if people mention it when your not there, what do you reckon?

BracedSurgeryStudent

Re: having bad teeth

#2 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

mention it when I'm not there? They mention it TO MY FACE WITH people present.
Jenn Medeiros

MIKE82

#3 Post by MIKE82 »

what do they say?

am getting my invisalign tomorrow

am nervous to death to be honest. Need to get a grip, just hope it all works fine.

I have a slight overbite, but that doesn't really bother me. On my bottom teeth my middle tooth has grown upwards and backwards and its very annoying - hopefully this will osrt it all and I'll feel 100% confident again.

MIKE82

#4 Post by MIKE82 »

Just got back form the dentist

got my invisalign fitted

Only did the bottom today, my top trays don't start till tray 5 so am made up with that, also he didn't shave the sides of my teeth, which I was worried about, so am happy.

It feels a bit weird, tingly I would say, but in a nice way! Maybe the pain comes in the next day or so. My mum didn't notice anything different with my teeth until I told her and she could't believe it.

I got my first four trays for the bottom and looking at the last tray I can see a massive difference in the straitness of the teeth.

To be honest am made up I've taken the plunge with Invisalign now and I cannot wait till I can see the differnce

MIKE82

#5 Post by MIKE82 »

day 2 - and I have to say, am finding it very easy so far

Think there's too many horror stories on the internet about invisalign. The research I did I was expecting hell am am pleasantly surprised

There isn't any real pain, it's more of a discomfort, at worst. The hardest part for me is not being able to have cups of tea or eat when I want. No going the pub for a quick pint any more

To be honest though it could end up being the best diet ever. Straight teeth and loose a few pounds, win win!!

Aditi

#6 Post by Aditi »

Hi Mike, no one ever said anything to me about my teeth but my uppers were pretty good. Like you, over time my lowers started to get crowded and I got really self-conscious about them. Hence Invisalign. I am glad you are so happy to get started, I think it will be totally worth it. I was pretty sour about pain issues (I guess I am really sensitive to them) and they make me irritable so I wear them less per day than is recommended. But anyhow my teeth are much straighter (I am on 12/20) already and I feel good about what the braces are doing. So you are doing the right thing for yourself and I hope all continues to go well for you.

I agree about the diet.
:D
׺°”˜`”°º× ׺°”˜`”°º×׺°”˜`”°º× ׺°”˜`”°º×׺°”˜`”°º×
◆◆◆ Invisalign aligner 12 of 20 ◆◆◆
•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•´•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•´•·.·´¯`·.·• •·

Bracer215

#7 Post by Bracer215 »

It is interesting. I never really paid that much attention to other people's teeth.However now that I have braces I am drawn to looking at other's teeth. When I see folks with really bad teeth I think to myself, braces could really help you.

MIKE82

#8 Post by MIKE82 »

had them in for 5 days now

I deffo feel more confident with them in than out. Dont mind them at all, the only problem is when people are saying lets go for lunch etc, and you cant because of the hassle. I don't even like using public toilets to have a wee in, let alone start using them to brush my teeth. Would rather go hungry!!

Been having a big breakfast and making that last me till am home around 4/5. Do get hungry but I'll make do.

Cant wait to see some changes

Aditi

#9 Post by Aditi »

I'm really excited for you. I saw changes fairly fast after the first couple aligners. Now that I am almost to aligner 13 it's like I have a different set of teeth and I am really happy with what is happening so far. Except for it being so annoying to wear them, lol.
׺°”˜`”°º× ׺°”˜`”°º×׺°”˜`”°º× ׺°”˜`”°º×׺°”˜`”°º×
◆◆◆ Invisalign aligner 12 of 20 ◆◆◆
•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•´•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•´•·.·´¯`·.·• •·

paulmerc

#10 Post by paulmerc »

[quote="MIKE82"]Dont mind them at all, the only problem is when people are saying lets go for lunch etc, and you cant because of the hassle. I don't even like using public toilets to have a wee in, let alone start using them to brush my teeth. Would rather go hungry!![/quote]

you need to get over that one or come up with SOME process, it's going to be quite a while with them in. Would be a shame to always say no.

MIKE82

#11 Post by MIKE82 »

yea think I'll be able to compromise and use the disabled toilet to brush my teeth

its like a palace compared to the normal mens toilet

MIKE82

#12 Post by MIKE82 »

just put tray 2 in

woop woop

MIKE82

#13 Post by MIKE82 »

tray three in

love the feeling of a new tray

MIKE82

#14 Post by MIKE82 »

this is the first tray that has hurt

very tight and can feel a constant dull ache

not too unpleasent and also you are happy that it deffo means there is something happening

can see a difference looking in the mirror for the first time

got a bit of a spring in my step today, made up

MIKE82

#15 Post by MIKE82 »

got top and bottom trays in now

on tray 5

there getting tighter and tighter now, can feel them gripping my teeth! Increased level of discomfort but still not really bad.

Can see clear changes now though and feel more and more confident with every change of tray. Feeling very happy and am very pleased I took the plunge with invisalign