Question for dr. rick

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

annel

Question for dr. rick

#1 Post by annel »

I am getting ready to have impressions/records done for invisalign-
my ortho office said they won't charge me yet because they want to make sure if I am a true candidate for invisalign( they said that the company is the one who decides that). Is it the invisalign company that decides that or the ortho? I also was wondering if when my impressions are sent in for the clin check is it possible to ask them to do one plan with a lower extraction and one without to see how they turn out? My ortho thinks I should have one tooth extracted in the bottom front . At 35 I would like to try to keep all the teeth that I have and work with slenderizing? Thanks!!!I think it's great that you guys take time to answer our questions! I appreciate your time.

drrick

#2 Post by drrick »

invisalign will tell you if they can do the case.
You must be borderline for invisalign.

As far as asking lower incisor vs. non ext I supose invisalign could be asked.
SOmetimes you need to extract a lower incisor though
Developer of:
The Powerprox Six Month Braces(R) Technique
http://sixmonthbraces.com/

Powerprox Six Month Braces(R)on ABC News

Dr. Randall

#3 Post by Dr. Randall »

A couple of thoughts.

1. A single lower incisor treatment works well with Invisalign. Many of my Invisialign treatments are single lower incisor extraction cases and they have treated out well.

2. Invisalign can tell you whether or not they will treat the case, but I thought that they charged for that determination.

3. They will do multiple scenarios for you. Extraction, then non extraction and that is a nice thing. For some patients I will have them do two or more modifications to make it correct.

4. In the end if you need 5mm of slenderizing, why is that better than extracting a 5mm tooth and leaving everything else completely intact? It is the same end result, yet the teeth have not been modified.

Randall