Filing between teeth if I have huge back fillings?........

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gigi3lbs

Filing between teeth if I have huge back fillings?........

#1 Post by gigi3lbs »

I have large back fillings that take up most of the top surface. I am afraid if I have the filing between done they will just crumble. Is the filing always necessary? My teeth really only need fine tuning and I dont think I need tons of room. Anyone experience this?

drrick

#2 Post by drrick »

If the fillings are on the top of the teeth it should make much difference as the reprox is done btwn the teeth. You can even reprox where restorations are present. If your fillings are so bad they are going to crumble they are proably leaking and not sealing the tooth anyway and should be replaced.
Developer of:
The Powerprox Six Month Braces(R) Technique
http://sixmonthbraces.com/

Powerprox Six Month Braces(R)on ABC News

myhollywoodsmile

#3 Post by myhollywoodsmile »

Not everyone has it. I had no scheduled IPR at all in a treatment of 80+ aligners...

gigi3lbs

No the fillings arent bad.......

#4 Post by gigi3lbs »

just large in area where I felt the wall of the tooth itself was thin. I didnt want that thinned anymore. The filling is solid. Thank you

gigi3lbs

I was hoping they didnt have to do the IPR.....

#5 Post by gigi3lbs »

Seems like everyone has had it. I had braces before and teeth were straight. I dont need more room in my mouth. Good to know it may not be necessary. Thank you!!

ray1234

Re: Filing between teeth if I have huge back fillings?........

#6 Post by ray1234 »

I also think it will not make much difference.