refinement questions

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TinySmiley

refinement questions

#1 Post by TinySmiley »

hi everyone,
I had a couple of questions and I wonder if any of you have gone through the same thing/any insight?

I'm almost done my treatment though I have been told I will need refinements:
- my refinements are included in the price, but does that mean that the impressions/X-Rays etc are also included in the price too?
- when you begin refinments, do they do the same inital appointments like they did the first time with X-rays and photos? Or do they just take your impressions?
-I got my attachments taken off for the rest of my treatment, will the teeth still move? how does that work?

Thanks. :)

Wireless

#2 Post by Wireless »

I had a mid-course correction - which is the same as a refinement but only earlier in my treatment. At that time, all of my attachments were removed and new impressions taken. It took several weeks to get new aligners during which I had to wear my last set full time. When the new trays came in, I ended up with a bunch of new attachments. I didn't have any X-rays at that time.

About 2 months ago, my ortho did take full panoramic X-rays and also sent them to my regular dentist. This was after 18 months of treatment. I've now finished 31 trays of Invisalign and am wearing temporary partial clear retainers full time so my rear molars will continue to grow out. So far no word on any final refinements - hopefully won't be needed.

TinySmiley

#3 Post by TinySmiley »

thanks Wireless for your reply. :)