How long does it take?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

D

How long does it take?

#1 Post by D »

I am getting an invisalign consultation next week...

How long will it take from the time of my consultation until I receive my aligners and am able to wear them?

Dr. Randall

#2 Post by Dr. Randall »

It can take several weeks for the whole process. At the best it is 4-5 weeks from when the records are sent to Invisalign and at busier times 7-8 weeks.

Randall

Invisaguy

#3 Post by Invisaguy »

Hi D,
I can tell you I just got my invisalign last Tuesday and it took only 4 weeks from molding to delivery. So far so good. Good luck with your treatment and let us know how you are doing. If it's one thing this sites needs it's more positive opinions on invisalign. :D

rooroo

#4 Post by rooroo »

Mine took way too long. I got molds in November and didn't start treatment until February. I guess Christmas messed it up first, and then the aligners got lost in the mail. That's not Invisaligns fault or my doctors fault though. Just kind of a freak accident.
2 year Invisalign patient graduated to ceramics to finish up treatment

Dr. Randall

#5 Post by Dr. Randall »

Invisaguy wrote:Hi D,
I can tell you I just got my invisalign last Tuesday and it took only 4 weeks from molding to delivery. So far so good. Good luck with your treatment and let us know how you are doing. If it's one thing this sites needs it's more positive opinions on invisalign. :D
Hey, I like doing Invisalign, but the process is being oversold for what it can do, by both Invisalign and some of the doctors using it. The proof is in the results and they are not always there, yet. Cheers.

Randall

Invisaguy

#6 Post by Invisaguy »

Hey, I like doing Invisalign, but the process is being oversold for what it can do, by both Invisalign and some of the doctors using it. The proof is in the results and they are not always there, yet. Cheers.

Randall
Hi Doc,
I did not mean to sound as if I was refering to you as having a negative opinion of Invisalign. I have read a lot of your postings regarding invisalign and I have always felt you offered an insightful and honest opinion. I just find there is a lot of negative critisizm about invisalign posted on this site in general and I'm not sure if all of it is based on personal experience more so than hear say. I'm not one to say if anything that anyone says is true or untrue and I can only speak on my own experiences. However, there is a yahoo user group and it seems that the general opinion of invisalign far exceeds that of archwired.

chrisd

#7 Post by chrisd »

only took three weeks. not too bad. i was told 8-12 weeks. i am calling today to make the appointment to fit the aligners.
chris