2nd tray in....

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nycgrrl

2nd tray in....

#1 Post by nycgrrl »

ok my 2nd tray is so painful, i'm pretty sure my teeth are all going to fall out when i take the aligner out.

i had to take it out for breakfast -- and they came off easy enough but my front teeth are so sore :( and right before t-giving no less! bummer. i put in the new tray last night (tues night) do you think by thurs night it will be better?

although i guess this extreme soreness means they are working??? happy thanksgiving everyone.

Second Time Around

#2 Post by Second Time Around »

I think it will be better by Thursday night. I know from reading these boards that everyone has different experiences with regards to pain. I tend to feel some pain the first couple of times I remove a new tray. My teeth seem to become used to the aligner by the end of the first 24 hours.

Good luck and happy thanksgiving.

johnnyk

#3 Post by johnnyk »

Hi there,

I am on tray 4 and I usually feel soreness for the first 3 days of putting in a new tray, after that it tends to get easier. After about 5 days its fine.

Most of my pain comes from the attachments catching on the tray when trying to lift them out, so you might need to fiddle about until you work out the most efficient pain-free way of removing the trays without putting pressure on the attachments.

myhollywoodsmile

#4 Post by myhollywoodsmile »

Hi there,
I am on 24 and I now find that pain is only for a few hours. I think on the first couple of trays it was more like a couple of days though.
Good Luck!