Newbie Here..Cleaning trays??

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ChelseaRox

Newbie Here..Cleaning trays??

#1 Post by ChelseaRox »

Hi all!! Im getting my Invisalign on Friday. Just a question about cleaning the trays when you need to eat....do you clean them as soon as you take them out or wait until you have eaten & clean them when you brush your teeth?? Thanks

sandycakes

#2 Post by sandycakes »

Hi, I just got mine and my routine so far is to rinse them after I take them out and then clean them with a small amount of toothpaste on my toothbrush before I put them back in. Good luck

ChelseaRox

#3 Post by ChelseaRox »

thanks for your reply. Im soooo excited & scared about the whole adventure, Ive spent hours on this forum getting as much info as possible. Good luck with your treatment. Think Im getting 23U and cant remember how many lower...will find out Friday :roll:

John37

#4 Post by John37 »

I usually clean them with a toothbrush under cold water right after I take them out, then put them in a bowl of water so that any minerals in the water don't dry onto them. If I am just having a quick drink and putting them back in, then I am not as diligent with cleaning them. Also, if I am out I just rinse them off and store them in my case while I eat. I may spend too much time cleaning them each time because my dentist always comments on how clean I keep them.