Clinicheck

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lt81

Clinicheck

#1 Post by lt81 »

Hi

I got to see my clinicheck today - I couldn't stop smiling all afternoon and insisted on showing anyone who happened to be within 50 yards of my office!

You can't really get the full effect from this, but when he showed the arch views, you can really see the difference, my front tooth will move 5mm back!

Only bad news is I have to have 0.3m shaved from each tooth, which I am petrified about, so if anyone has any positive experiences of this let me know - if you have bad experiences, keep them to yourself! ha ha.

Also doubly pleased because no attachments on the tooth that sticks out at the front, which he had said I would almost definately need.

Triply pleased because treatment will be 8.5 months - not the 12-15 he first estimated.

If you can't tell - I am really pleased :D

err, how do I post my video to this? :?

myhollywoodsmile

#2 Post by myhollywoodsmile »

Hi there,
Glad you are happy with your clincheck. I have posted mine on youtube and then link to it from my blog, not sure how you upload it directly here.

On my blog there is a description of getting IPR. It really isn't that bad, and I am the world's biggest hypochondriac. Getting a filling causes me enormous amounts of stress. It's nothing like as bad as that. I suppose the fact that you son't need any anaesthetic tells you about the pain level involved. It justs sounds a bit revolting.

Anyway, glad you are getting started- the time flies by!

lt81

#3 Post by lt81 »

Thanks - I have been avidly following your blog for the last 6 weeks - it's been such a good resource for me, so thank you for taking the time to do it! I hate fillings too, which is why I am concerned, so thanks for putting my mind at ease!

lt81

#4 Post by lt81 »

clinicheck on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2KSNbprzjA

What this doesn't show is how much the front left upper tooth (as you look at it) is moving back. I will try to get it again from my dentist from a different angle.

John37

#5 Post by John37 »

0.3mm is really small. Just look at a ruler.

Wobblydeb

#6 Post by Wobblydeb »

I've had IPR in about 8 places so far - from 0.1 to 0.3mm. It has never hurt, in fact its rather like getting your nails filed. The only time I felt a bit nervous about it was getting the incisors done. :? Not sure why, perhaps because the teeth are smaller and more noticeable? Anyway, it went fine and within a few days of the next aligner the slight spaces were closing up.
Initial set: 31 upper / 17 lower
1st refinement: 14 upper / 10 lower
2nd refinement: 10 upper / 5 lower

kezzakattami

#7 Post by kezzakattami »

From my experience this has been totally painless. Its just the sound of it being done which is more scary!

After your first IPR session (if theres more than one), you will find its as routine as turning up for your check-up appointments :)
17U/14L