marks or stains on attachments

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Rio UK

marks or stains on attachments

#1 Post by Rio UK »

Has anyone else got marks or stains on their attachments?
My nail scraped across my tooth when I tried to tug an aligner off. Left on the attachment was a black mark from my black nail varnish! (haven't warn dark nail varnish since!) :lol: Now i have a unidentified stain on another one!
I guess when the attachment is taken off the stains will go away with it?!

Also when I have finished with my aligners, I have to wear my last one full time for an extra month as a retainer. I have an orthodontist appointment halfway through that time. Will they take the attachments off then??
Invisalign upper teeth on July 16th 2008: 14 aligners.
Fixed brace bottom teeth 8th October 2008!

Wobblydeb

#2 Post by Wobblydeb »

My attachments are stained in a couple of places. Actually it is the edge of the glue holding them on that is stained. Looks like tea to me :oops:

It doesn't show when I've got the aligners in, so I'm not worrying about it too much at the moment. I'll probably bleach them at the end of the process if they need it :)
Initial set: 31 upper / 17 lower
1st refinement: 14 upper / 10 lower
2nd refinement: 10 upper / 5 lower

Rio UK

#3 Post by Rio UK »

Actually i think its the glue thats stained on mine too,and it also look like tea! :shock: oooops!! and I only drink a few cups a week!!
Invisalign upper teeth on July 16th 2008: 14 aligners.
Fixed brace bottom teeth 8th October 2008!