invisalign newbie

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chrisd

invisalign newbie

#1 Post by chrisd »

hi everyone, i had my consultation for invisalign two days ago, and go for impressions this week. my ortho said i am a good candiddate for invisalign, and he is one of the top 100 invisalign providers in the country, but his initial recommendation was ceramics. i wore braces in the past, and wanted things to be less noticable this time around. so upper invisaligns are a must. but over the past fewdays i was thinking about lower ceramics. has anyone done this, or have any thoughts on this? does it work as well? is it less expensive? any other thoughts?
thanks in advance and hope everyone keeps posting- very helpful.
chris

rooroo

#2 Post by rooroo »

When I went in for one of my initial consults, I asked this same question. My ortho told me that you run the risk of cracking the aligners. They said if I wasn't qualified for invisalign on the bottom but were for the top (they were sure the top would be fine, and questioned my bottom teeth) that they would rethink it and talk to Invisalign about the possibility. My ortho doesn't do ceramics on the bottoms though, so the metal may have been a different story.

I have heard of some people doing cermaics bottom and Invisalign top, so I'm sure its a posssibility. Only your ortho can tell you for sure. But you should wait and see what Invisalign says about your molds. If you can go Invisalign all around, you should do that. Good luck!
2 year Invisalign patient graduated to ceramics to finish up treatment