have you gotten more dental cleanings?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ChocolateLavaCake

have you gotten more dental cleanings?

#1 Post by ChocolateLavaCake »

Hi,

I am on my second tray of Invisalign and I am planning on getting my teeth cleaned every three to four months.

This was recommended by my ortho because he said that bacteria like to move with the teeth.

Does anyone else get more cleanings?

John37

#2 Post by John37 »

I have been getting more cleanings but not because of Invisalign. I have some deep gum pockets (4-5 mm) and they said this would help. I'm not sure if it's called gum disease at the stage I'm at.

Brides

#3 Post by Brides »

Yep, my ortho said exactly the same thing. I had my teeth cleaned before I got my first tray and now 3 months later I am having them done again. If they say it needs to be done then I'm happy to go with it.

My teeth are definitely not as clean as they were before I started wearing alingers despite copious amounts of brushing and flossing. The teeth are being denied saliva which naturally helps clean gunk off them.

Leelee

#4 Post by Leelee »

I haven't had more cleanings than normal, and I just had my 2nd cleaning of the year yesterday, which went very well. I had some deepish pockets on my last visit a lil over 6 months ago (mostly due to not being to the dentist in a while for insurance reasons), and the hygenist said that my teeth look really good. My insurance now covers two cleanings a year, so I also asked for a flouride treatment because of Invisalign (not covered, but only $20). She gave me this new type of treatment that stays on your teeth for 4 hrs (optimally), and kinda feels like wax, but tastes like gum. I also started rinsing w/The Natural Dentist's flouride mouthwash every night for 1 min (per the bottle), and I think it's been helping. I will most likely wait to have x-rays done once I'm done w/the treatment portion, so we'll see how it has helped!
Finished w/Invisalign Express, now on my third set of Vivera retainers

ChocolateLavaCake

#5 Post by ChocolateLavaCake »

I just went in for my three month cleaning today.
No cavities but I was told that there was some plaque build-up.
Nothing abnormal but it was good to get it cleaned out:)

I highly recommend getting at least one extra cleaning a year when you are doing Invisalign.

ChocolateLavaCake

#6 Post by ChocolateLavaCake »

I just went in for my three month cleaning today.
No cavities but I was told that there was some plaque build-up.
Nothing abnormal but it was good to get it cleaned out:)

I highly recommend getting at least one extra cleaning a year when you are doing Invisalign.