24/24 done! Attachments are off whoop whoop!

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Iwantniceteeth

24/24 done! Attachments are off whoop whoop!

#1 Post by Iwantniceteeth »

I have today completed 24/24 upper and lower aligners. I had my 7 attachments off (not painful but not pleasant either!) My teeth were reshaped and I am whitening those babies tonight.

I have to wear my last aligner until the refinement trays are here. This will take about 4 weeks. I will need approx 6 - 8 trays, but I only have to wear them for a week a time. I will need IPR to remove the 2 black triangles I have.

Where I preferred the look of my teeth with my aligner in (to disguise the attachments) now they look really noticable and my teeth look better without the aligner. As I now only retaining, for the time being, I can be a bit more slack and leave them out for nights out etc.

All in all,I am so happy with my teeth. They look great now but will be perfect very soon :) I have had a very good Invisalign experience and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the treatment to others. It's worth every penny and I am so happy to be able to smile like "a normal person"

Devushka

#2 Post by Devushka »

Aww congratulations! That is so exiting :)

I am so happy you are in the "smiling like normal people" stage. It is nice to know that these things are worth it in the end.

Also, lucky you for wearing the aligners for 1 week. Whose idea was that? Invisalign, ortho, you? I think when it is my turn, if he thinks there needs to be a lot more work done I am going to ask him if I could maybe go that route because I have a deadline and I see myself getting a crazy number of refinements.

I bet it must feel good to be a bit slack with the aligners for special occasions and whatnot. Enjoy it and update us when you begin refinements!

Thanks for sharing!

avl

#3 Post by avl »

awesome! im on my last 3 weeks- 1 aligner left after this one. doc says im getting refinements so its all good- im pretty happy as well- once we dial everything in it will be great.

Leelee

#4 Post by Leelee »

Yay! I bet it's awesome to be done with the main part of your treatment, and now just onto making everything perfect :) I'm looking forward to that myself. And just think, soon you'll only have to wear retainers at night, and you won't have to carry a toothbrush and floss with you everywhere you go.

Hope everything goes well with your refinements! You should post some pics once everything's done, so the rest of us can look in envy :wink:.
Finished w/Invisalign Express, now on my third set of Vivera retainers

John37

Re: 24/24 done! Attachments are off whoop whoop!

#5 Post by John37 »

It's great to hear that your treatment turned out so well. I hope for the same but will probably need some refinements also.
Iwantniceteeth wrote:Where I preferred the look of my teeth with my aligner in (to disguise the attachments) now they look really noticable and my teeth look better without the aligner. As I now only retaining, for the time being, I can be a bit more slack and leave them out for nights out etc.
I'm on 21 of 28 now and my smile looks better in pictures now without the aligners than with. So I guess in the beginning when our teeth are still crooked the aligners make our smiles look nicer but as we near the end of the treatment, the teeth start to look better without the aligners. I wonder if other people noticed this too. :)

Iwantniceteeth

#6 Post by Iwantniceteeth »

Devushka

I originally started wearing my aligners for 2 weeks. After 6 weeks, my ortho said I could cut down to 11 days. This cut 2 months off my treatment time. Because my teeth were responding so well to the treatment, this is why she said I could reduce the time.

As for the refinements being only a week, this is because the changes are so minor, they will be moved very quickly.

LeeLee, after my refinements are done, I am going straight for a permanent retainer top and bottom. So I will no longer have to carry my toothbrush! Having said that, I like the feel of clean teeth and want to look after my babies! So I will try to brush after lunch still.

I will post pics of the final results and even if I say so myself, I have awesome teeth :)

aussie

#7 Post by aussie »

sounds good. keen to see some before/after pics when you get a chance.
started treatment 6 May 2008.
All up 34 Upper & 20 Lower.
Loving the invisalign, a great choice for correcting my teeth.

avl

#8 Post by avl »

ill try to post when its all done..i can really see a difference in the tooth i really wanted to fix- funny, the bottom, which should have been waaay easier to fix didnt respond as well- plus i was ' done ' on the bottom since about 20 weeks agoi..i think im getting the permanent retainer as well..the hygienist mentioned something about it but at this point im not sure..ill just be glad to eat when i want and chew gum again.