Jaw pain?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jiggy4jrt

Jaw pain?

#1 Post by jiggy4jrt »

Hello - I'm on tray 4 of 10. The past few days I have noticed pain in my jaw on one side (edit: TM joint). Could this be due to the invisalign? Is this something I should call my dentist about?

It only happens if I open my mouth wide, but it is def uncomfortable and I am a bit concerned.

Any thoughts :?:

Luella

#2 Post by Luella »

I'd call. A lot of TMJ issues can come and go, and can be caused by chewing gum or other espexially chewy things. It can also be caused by stress, as a lot of people clench their jaws when stressed without even realizing it. If you can, go in and see your doctor, they should be able to show you some stretching and massaging you can do to help. And, a good steady dose of NSAIDS (like Advil, Aleve, Motrin- if you're not allergic) would help a lot. And avoid chewy stuff!
~ Luella ~
Oral surgery assistant, Registered Dental Assistant, OMAAP Certified

jiggy4jrt

#3 Post by jiggy4jrt »

Its getting better, some days are worse than others. It seemed to get better when I moved to the next tray. Thanks for your advice!!