Is your pain completely gone when you switch to the nxt tray

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

momof1

Is your pain completely gone when you switch to the nxt tray

#1 Post by momof1 »

Just wondering.. Is your pain completely gone before you switch to the next tray? There are still a few teeth that still feel sensitive especially when I brush, and it's almost time for me to switch to a new liner. How much pain do you guys still have before you switch to a new liner? If not pain, do you still have sensitive teeth?

jiggy4jrt

#2 Post by jiggy4jrt »

By the end of the tray I usually just pop them in and out without pain.

John37

#3 Post by John37 »

No, I don't have pain just before I switch to new aligners. I have some sensitivity sometimes, but I think that's more from the teeth getting more dry. The teeth that are moving are still a little loose when I change aligners, but not really painfully.

John37

#4 Post by John37 »

I'll add I notice that my teeth will get sensitive if I try to drink something (like milk, juice or a protein drink) with my aligners in and I don't take them out within a few minutes. The sugar seems to sit on my teeth and make them sensitive. I'm not sure if this is the kind of sensitivity you meant or if you were talking about pain at the roots of your teeth.

Rosieee

#5 Post by Rosieee »

I never get any pain - even when i switch to new trays.

Im getting 6 more buttons (total of 12) next week...so that may change!

I'm actually hoping it will because then it will feel like somethings happening atleast.

:D

bint3gra

#6 Post by bint3gra »

My pain subsides 2 days after changing aligners. After 7 days, the aligners dont feel as snug. Then again, I'm only on Upper#2 as of yesterday.

ILoveNiceTeeth

#7 Post by ILoveNiceTeeth »

I think it varies with aligners... I've had some that became loose (not falling off loose :D ) after a week. My last trays were snug after two weeks but no pain while brushing. the initial pressure on the teeth with new trays went after 20mins with these new trays (4/30)... :-(

Wobblydeb

#8 Post by Wobblydeb »

My teeth are sensitive for the first few days of switching to a new tray, but after that are fine...
Initial set: 31 upper / 17 lower
1st refinement: 14 upper / 10 lower
2nd refinement: 10 upper / 5 lower

coffeespoons

#9 Post by coffeespoons »

i just switched to tray 5 last night and my teeth are hurting SO bad. i haven't eaten all day just because i don't want to experience the pain i felt this morning when i took them off to brush my teeth. i definitely know which teeth are moving with this tray - OUCH!

with my first four trays, the pain was gone within 3 days or so; after that, i could take out both the top and bottom trays without any pain at all - i even take them out one-handed. i'm hoping this is the same with this and all other later trays.

i'm on 5 of 21 U/L.

Wildewoman

#10 Post by Wildewoman »

I am on tray # 2 & the pain subsides - for me - after a few days. I can pop the bottom off fast - no problem. The upper still gives me a little trouble as I have 2 bumps together & I have to pull a little harder - but no pain to speak of.

I move to aligner # 3 on Thursday night. I now can plan it - so I put the aligners in & leave them in for at least 12 hours - as I am doing it on my own now & not going to the orthodonist - where I'd get the tray - then go home & have to take them out to eat.

At my last appointment the orthodonist gave me trays 3 through 5 & I am on my own until January when my next appointment is to check my progress & then to give me another 4 or 5 sets of trays.

Linda

Alex2411

#11 Post by Alex2411 »

im still on my first tray so im not sure about pain when you switch aligners, however i didnt feel any pain when i put my first trays on so im hoping i woint be feeling any pain when i switch to my second trays.
Braces On Teeth << My Invisalign Adventure

comedyfish

#12 Post by comedyfish »

Alex2411 wrote:im still on my first tray so im not sure about pain when you switch aligners, however i didnt feel any pain when i put my first trays on so im hoping i woint be feeling any pain when i switch to my second trays.
Hi! *raises hand*

long time reader first time poster :D

I am on the last day of my first set and it has been a breeze - easy in and out, no pain and quite comfy!

However I am under no illusion that tomorrow might be another kettle of fish! Maybe my oprtho was breaking me in gently - I'll now in 20 hours or so I guess :)

I am getting about 4 attachemnts after the next set - and I guess that will be yet another kettle of fishies - I might start sellin' the on ebay!

Alex2411

#13 Post by Alex2411 »

comedyfish wrote:
Alex2411 wrote:im still on my first tray so im not sure about pain when you switch aligners, however i didnt feel any pain when i put my first trays on so im hoping i woint be feeling any pain when i switch to my second trays.
Hi! *raises hand*

long time reader first time poster :D

I am on the last day of my first set and it has been a breeze - easy in and out, no pain and quite comfy!

However I am under no illusion that tomorrow might be another kettle of fish! Maybe my oprtho was breaking me in gently - I'll now in 20 hours or so I guess :)

I am getting about 4 attachemnts after the next set - and I guess that will be yet another kettle of fishies - I might start sellin' the on ebay!
great stuff, loooks like we tarted treatment around the same time, please keep me updated. i cant wait to get into my 2nd trays.
Braces On Teeth << My Invisalign Adventure

comedyfish

#14 Post by comedyfish »

Alex2411 wrote: great stuff, loooks like we tarted treatment around the same time, please keep me updated. i cant wait to get into my 2nd trays.
cool! will do

I might start doing a twitter update thing - so find me and follow me! :)

name: comedyfish

comedyfish

#15 Post by comedyfish »

Well it's day 1 of the new aligner - I put it in last night (after a few drinks!) and it felt tight but no pain (so far).

It's weird 'feeling' the different teeth move, but it's not realy even uncomfortable never mind painful.

So far so good, I haven't taken them out yet tho!