On the road to refinement

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

waiting2smile

On the road to refinement

#1 Post by waiting2smile »

So after 3+ years I have finally completed my 12 lower and 55 upper trays. :D

I am definately pleased with the results but figure Ive been at it so long and paid big $$$ to get this done, why not try to tweak those last few things that I notice ( a space here, a tooth tipped a tinybit there ect..). I went last week for the dreaded molds, god I hated getting that done and I was certainly not looking forward to it again :cry: BUT I have to say it was not anywhere near as bad as the 1st time around. I mentioned this to the assistant and she said they use a new formula for the molds thats not as runny as the old stuff. What a difference from 3+ years ago!

Now I just wait to hear from them that the refinement trays are in. I dont know how many I have but Im hoping its not too many.... :wink:

Devushka

#2 Post by Devushka »

Congratulations! That must be so exiting to be done initial treatment.

Good luck and keep us updated on your refinement experiences!

waiting2smile

#3 Post by waiting2smile »

So Ive hit bump in the road. I got a call from my dentist office saying that my latest impressions for the top arch were rejected and I need to come in and get it done again :( I guess this is what I get for saying how it wanst so bad this time around in my last post.

So I went back yesterday for round 2 and it was not pretty. The assistant had me redo the molds 5 TIMES!!! Im not upset but I really do appreciate her wanting to get it perfect this time but man it was just not a fun time.

Funny after the fact but no fun.

As I said in my last post they have a new material thats not as runny as my first go round with the impressions 3+ years ago but this time she had to add some extra gel to the mold on the 4th or 5th try and said ok were just gonna realign here and be all set in a minute.

Well she put so much of this other runny stuff in the mold that it started to squish out of the mold and start to slide down my throat..I wanted to gag, she realized what was going in and then tried to help my putting her finger in my mouth to get the piece that was was gagging me but I almost gagged on her finger in my throat and would have bite her ( not on purpose of course but on reflex) if the mold try wasnt in my mouth and then I looked at her and started to laugh, well sort of because laughing is not easy with that stupid tray and slimey stuff oozing down your throat, and she started to laugh, oh boy what a show...

After about an hour we decided that we finally got a good enough impression which I was happy about because my mouth was starting to ache.

I really hope they accept this impression this time..I really dont want to have to do that AGAIN!!!

Keep your fingers crossed for me :lol:

waiting2smile

#4 Post by waiting2smile »

So Ive hit bump in the road. I got a call from my dentist office saying that my latest impressions for the top arch were rejected and I need to come in and get it done again :( I guess this is what I get for saying how it wanst so bad this time around in my last post.

So I went back yesterday for round 2 and it was not pretty. The assistant had me redo the molds 5 TIMES!!! Im not upset but I really do appreciate her wanting to get it perfect this time but man it was just not a fun time.

As I said in my last post they have a new material thats not as runny as my first go round with the impressions 3+ years ago but this time she had to add some extra gel to the mold on the 4th or 5th try and said ok were just gonna realign here and be all set in a minute.

Well she put so much of this other runny stuff in the mold that it started to squish out of the mold and start to slide down my throat..I wanted to gag, she realized what was going in and then tried to help my putting her finger in my mouth to get the piece that was was gagging me but I almost gagged on her finger in my throat and would have bite her ( not on purpose of course but on reflex) if the mold try wasnt in my mouth and then I looked at her and started to laugh, well sort of because laughing is not easy with that stupid tray and slimey stuff oozing down your throat, and she started to laugh, oh boy what a show...

After about an hour we decided that we finally got a good enough impression which I was happy about because my mouth was starting to ache.

I really hope they accept this impression this time..I really dont want to have to do that AGAIN!!!

waiting2smile

#5 Post by waiting2smile »

Devushka

#6 Post by Devushka »

Awww.

Sorry to hear about that! Better than getting aligners that are an ill fit though.

Wow 5 times! How many times did you have to do each arch when you first started with Invisalign?

macgeek

I have to say

#7 Post by macgeek »

In 2008 they really have improved the mold part of this adventure
I had a gel in a plastic tray that was applied to my teeth
It took 5 mins to 'set" and my ortho had to tug a bit to get them out
("any extractions of any other teeth are free Jonathan") she said
that got a laugh from me.

but no gook, no gunk, no slime. no fuss!

Jonathan