About to switch to #2/18 aligners....

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Invisibeth

About to switch to #2/18 aligners....

#1 Post by Invisibeth »

I've had my top aligners for 2 weeks (tomorrow), and am gingerly examining the bag for #2, making sure the numbers match, etc....It turns out that my ortho was able to order NEW aligners without the attachments, and the treatment time is exactly the same! (18 weeks-- hooray!). So obviously, the attachments weren't necessary for the treatment i opted to keep (and not the 2nd option, which I declined).

Moreover, there was a cost reduction since I changed my treatment plan of minus $1000. Hooray!

Here is my question: is every liner change going to hurt and squish my teeth like the first set did, where I'm miserable for 2 days? My husband can't handle it!

Also, I've noticed that in the mornings, my teeth are often sore. I've been a bit stressed the last week, so I know I've been grinding my teeth. Is this bad, or do the aligners work in the same way that a nighttime appliance would?

Am looking forward to a couple of glasses of red wine tonight whilst wearing these #1s for their last night!!

sandra

#2 Post by sandra »

I had some level of discomfort with every new aligner, but it would vary from mild to keeping me up at night. Advil helped.
Also, I would trade the aligners before bed rather than in the morning because, even though it occasionally effected my sleep, it is REALLY hard to get out a new aligner the first time if it has only been in your mouth an hour or two. This way the aligners were in all night and my teeth had a good head start before I needed to take them out.

Wow-I'm jealous that you didn't need attachments! I had a lot, I already forgot how many. I think 17.

Invisibeth

#3 Post by Invisibeth »

I am lucky. There was a misunderstanding, and I had told my ortho that if I needed front attachments, I wasn't going to bother. The correction I need is so negligible that I was on the fence about it.

I put my liner in this morning, and while it's a wee bit tight, nothing like round 1. I actually thought about putting it in last night, figuring it would loosen whil I sleep, but wanted to pop a nice fresh, clean one in this morning!

SmiingsMyFavorite

On tray 17

#4 Post by SmiingsMyFavorite »

I am on tray 17 of 32 (or so) and nothing has hurt as bad as tray 1 did. Now the pain is nonexistent, or a very slight pain that...not sure if I am weird...have come to enjoy. I compare it to going to the gym, for it's a pain that you know is good for you!

Invisibeth

#5 Post by Invisibeth »

Heh heh. I may know that feeling: when I got laser eye surgery more than 10 years ago, I felt sad about giving up my contact lenses...

I see your point about the pain. The first one? I dreaded even brushing my teeth, because removing them hurt sooo much. I put this 2nd one in yesterday morning, went to a movie last night, and was able to pop it out, eat popcorn (avoiding getting kernels in my teeth), then pop it back in with no pain/problem. Today, it feels almost loose already!

On another happy note, my teeth have never been so clean from all this brushing! I'm always minty-fresh!