Invisalign?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

DMT

Invisalign?

#1 Post by DMT »

I had my 2nd consultation last Friday and decided to go with Invisalign; both my ortho and an assistant (who has braces) felt it was the best way to go in my particular case. My biggest concern with Invisalign is how it affects your speech and also are the aligners readily visible up close, i.e. 3 feet or so. Thanks for your responses in advance.

mike d

#2 Post by mike d »

I've had invisalign on the top only for about 2 months and so far no one has been able to tell. The only time I had problems with speech was the first few hours I had them in. I had to go to work and learned how to correct it quick while being on a cash register and having to talk to hundreds of customers haha. After that night I never had a lisp again. I guess it takes a little bit for your mouth to get used to it. You'll be fine.

rooroo

#3 Post by rooroo »

I had them for two years and most people had no idea until I told them. I had a few people who noticed a "little line" on my teeth (the top of the aligners) but that was it. Of course a lot of people may not have said anything!

It took me about a week to be able to talk correctly. The worst was the first day I got them, there was a little sharp barb of plastic on the lower inside one that scrapped and cut up my tongue. Once I sanded that off with a dremel tool, my speech got alot better. I lisped for about a week, and had some excessive salivation for maybe 2 or 3 days. Seriously, its nothing you can't handle. And it goes away faster than you think.
2 year Invisalign patient graduated to ceramics to finish up treatment