New Member and will start a Story today!

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Algabo

New Member and will start a Story today!

#1 Post by Algabo »

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum but I've been reading for quite a while now. My story is as follows. 2 months ago I went to a dentist who offered the power prox 6 month braces, I loved the idea as i didn't wanted to go thru regular braces for 2 years... got my x-rays and everything. 3 and half weeks later, he tells me he isn't doing the technique any more, and offers me Invisalign... at first I didnt wanted to because I thought it was going to take 2 years or something... but since I had no other option I decided to go for it... but I wanted to see the Clincheck first.

So today I went in to take a look at the ClinCheck... WOW! looks amazing, I will post some pics of my teeth and I want you guys to guess how much time my treatment will last...

Thanks for looking! and I will keep you guys updated.[/img]

Algabo

#2 Post by Algabo »

OK, here are the before pictures... please tell me how long you think the full invisalign treatment is going to last based on the looks of my teeth in the pics??

Enjoy...

First here is me smiling in different ways:

-
-

Upper Teeth:

-
-

Lower Teeth:

-
-

diehard

#3 Post by diehard »

do u know or is this a competition and u win a prize if so id guess 28/32 so thats just over 1 year :)

Lilypad

#4 Post by Lilypad »

16/24 is my guess....Good Luck, and keep us posted! :computer:

Algabo

#5 Post by Algabo »

diehard wrote:do u know or is this a competition and u win a prize if so id guess 28/32 so thats just over 1 year :)
hahaha, unfortunately there is no prize... I just wanted to know what poeple thought by looking at my teeth... my guess when I saw the pictures of my teeth was about 30 trays for both upper and lower.
KK wrote:If you're having IPR ... I reckon you'll come in under six months!

what exactly is IPR?? And unfortunately it isn't under six months... but close!!!
Lilypad wrote:16/24 is my guess....Good Luck, and keep us posted!
Lilypad, thanks for guessing and for the "good luck", I'll tell you now how many trays as to not keep you wondering if you got the right answer... 10/13!!! I am so thankful that it isn't going to be that long, I seriously thought it was going to take at least a year, but I was shocked when my doc told me it was going to take only a mere 6 1/5 months!! Just what I wanted.

I'll keep you guys posted, my trays should be in by next week (hopefully).

Algabo

#6 Post by Algabo »

Oh, and I forgot, the first picture under "Lower Teeth" is actually from my upper teeth... I dont know why it ended under lower teeth :D

Algabo

#7 Post by Algabo »

Meryaten wrote:IPR is interproximal reduction - the removal of a small amount of enamel from between the teeth, to make more space.
thanks maryaten.... then yes, i'm getting IPR but not much... only on the two teeth following the molars... and mayble the canines.

missmolly

#8 Post by missmolly »

just be prepared for it to maybe take a little longer im on tray 11/11 lower and 13/15 upper im waiting on my refinement trays for the bottom since they did not come out like the clin check i have been waiting three weeks so far, im hoping they will be here by next week, i still dont know how many trays will be in my refinement series. when im done with the top i will also need refinements, so my treatment that was supposed to be done in under a year will more then likely take closer to a full year depending on how long it takes to get my refinement trays and how many trays will be in the refinement series, so just be prepared for something like that to happen. i was all excited when i got my trays and saw it wouldnt take that long now i know that you are rarely done when the trays are done. from what i have read almost everyone needs refinements (that sucks!!!). im not trying to discourage you but just giving you a heads up to what the invisalign process is really like..good luck

Algabo

#9 Post by Algabo »

missmolly wrote:just be prepared for it to maybe take a little longer im on tray 11/11 lower and 13/15 upper im waiting on my refinement trays for the bottom since they did not come out like the clin check i have been waiting three weeks so far, im hoping they will be here by next week, i still dont know how many trays will be in my refinement series. when im done with the top i will also need refinements, so my treatment that was supposed to be done in under a year will more then likely take closer to a full year depending on how long it takes to get my refinement trays and how many trays will be in the refinement series, so just be prepared for something like that to happen. i was all excited when i got my trays and saw it wouldnt take that long now i know that you are rarely done when the trays are done. from what i have read almost everyone needs refinements (that sucks!!!). im not trying to discourage you but just giving you a heads up to what the invisalign process is really like..good luck
Missmolly, thanks for the heads up! I know there are refinements in most of the cases, and I really never thought about me needing refinements, instead, when I saw my clincheck, I wasn't all that happy with my teeth, they were great, but now perfect.

I will talk to my dentist throughout the treatment to let him know that the end result provided by the clincheck is not what I'm looking for, so he can go ahead and plan for the "refinement" in advance in order to have close to none waiting time after my 13 aligners are done.

Algabo

#10 Post by Algabo »

ok, I just called the ortho's office this afternoon and got told Invisalign sent my aligners today and should be here by monday at most... so stay tuned as I'm about to start my journey! wooohooo!... this is going to be a loooon weekend, LOL!

fabfemme

#11 Post by fabfemme »

algabo - i'll second missmolly's warning...i too was only "supposed" to have 13/19 and has ended up many more with a LOT more time

BUT, on the bright side...my teeth are looking great and it's totally worth it...

best of luck!

Algabo

#12 Post by Algabo »

fabfemme wrote:algabo - i'll second missmolly's warning...i too was only "supposed" to have 13/19 and has ended up many more with a LOT more time

BUT, on the bright side...my teeth are looking great and it's totally worth it...

best of luck!
Fabfemme, thanks for your motivating words, I'm ready to take on whatever the dentist throws at me... lol, I just want my teeth to look amazing!

Its good to know that your teeth are looking great!

Algabo

#13 Post by Algabo »

UPDATE: Got a call from the doctor's office, my aligners got in today and I scheduled an appointment for tomorrow... I'm really nervous, this week I have a lot of social gatherings and events (my birthday one of them) and I'm afraid the aligners will make me feel uncomfortable or give me any kind of pain.

Anyway, I'm anxious to start the journey!

Algabo

#14 Post by Algabo »

UPDATE: Got a call from the doctor's office, my aligners got in today and I scheduled an appointment for tomorrow... I'm really nervous, this week I have a lot of social gatherings and events (my birthday one of them) and I'm afraid the aligners will make me feel uncomfortable or give me any kind of pain.

Anyway, I'm anxious to start the journey!

ilovemacs

#15 Post by ilovemacs »

Yay!! Good Luck! :D