Tray three

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HeyTeach

Tray three

#1 Post by HeyTeach »

The first two trays were installed at the ortho's office because both came with work: a button or a dib of reprox. But tray three was on my own. I decided to put it in at bed time. It was quite tight, and remains so today, but the fact that I slept undisturbed meant I got 6 hours work done without the awareness of tightness, which on the first day of a new tray is quite intense, much the same feeling as an archwire upgrade.

HeyTeach

#2 Post by HeyTeach »

Just wanted to add after a few days, although these aligners feel smooth, the edges can certainly irritate the insides of your mouth just as much as any bracket or wire.

diehard

#3 Post by diehard »

thats why u have to use fine sandpaper or nailfile:)

HeyTeach

last tray

#4 Post by HeyTeach »

So got tray six for the uppers (my last before retainers) and had reprox and powerchain on lower bracketed arch. Once again TIGHT is the word and this is the tightest so far. Ortho said 4 weeks for this tray and then wear it 16 hours a day for two weeks, letting things really settle in before retention phase.

I will get Hawley retainers because they are less all enclosing which I really find unpleasant.