How many aligners do you have?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kris

#16 Post by Kris »

halfway through tray 7 of 24.

torontoscuba

#17 Post by torontoscuba »

I am on trays 5 of 20/22

Anyone else out there have to wear them for 3 weeks each? (I didn't find this out until I went to pick up the first 3 sets)
My ortho is very experienced with Invisalign so I am trusting his call - I had hoped to be done in under a year but now it appears that it is going to be alot longer :x

teisha

#18 Post by teisha »

Originally I was told I would have to wear them 3 weeks, but my ortho says my teeth are moving fine with the 2 week treatment. I think that some orthos leave them in an additional week to make sure the teeth stay aligned, and also because some peoples teeth dont move as easily as others.

If anything, the three weeks is going to ensure proper movement and more stability. Better to have perfection then a rushed job :) dont worry, the smile will be worth it in the end!!

nvrsaynvr

#19 Post by nvrsaynvr »

I wear for three weeks and have for over 1 year.
I have 9 weeks left of treatment.

Dawna

#20 Post by Dawna »

Tray 11 of 42top/57 bottom :shock:

Yep.

The good thing is, my ortho did more trays, but smaller movement increments based on 220 hours or 10 day rotations. So I should be done my tops in Sep 2007 and bottoms obviously some time after that. No probs or issues so far.

Steve88

#21 Post by Steve88 »

I'm on 8 of 10...my last set goes in on 7/20...whoo hoo!!! :D

jennicakes

#22 Post by jennicakes »

i am new to invisalign and am very confused. my ortho never actually told me the number of trays i was going to need, and being new to the whole thing, i didnt think to ask. well i received my first three trays, and each box says 1 of 10, 2 of ten, and three of ten, for both the uppers and lowers. I find it very hard to beleive that i would only need ten to begin with....and also that i need the exact same amt. for the uppers and lowers. I am confused. shouldnt he have told me how many i would need? also, my third set of aligners have those attachments on them, but i am not due back for my appointment until AFTER i am done with this set, to get the next 3 trays. so how am i supposed to make use of the attchments if they are not going to attach anything to my teeth???! do you think my ortho made a mistake in scheduling? or am i supposed to wear those ones with the bumps, with out anything on my teeth? not to mention, he never told me i would have attachmets in the first place. can someone please help me. thanks!