Invisalign speedbumps?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Debi

Invisalign speedbumps?

#1 Post by Debi »

I went in to veiw my clincheck video (before/after teeth) and was totally surprised to see all the speedbumps (aka buttons) on my teeth! I guess 12 is not many but they are on all my front teeth, top and bottom. I hear they are tooth colored or clear and fairly big, like glued on ceramics. Well, if I knew I needed these on my front teeth, I would have saved some money and just gotten ceramics with an archwire. I think ceramics move teeth quicker too!

How many speedbumps do you have? Are they comfortable? Can they be seen, similar to ceramics?

Just a little disappointed to find out that I'd have all these bumps glued onto my teeth.

Thanks,
Debbi

rooroo

#2 Post by rooroo »

Actually, no one will notice them. I had 12 too, and no one ever saw them, not even my boyfriend, until I pointed them out. They are the same cement that they use for the brackets, so they're tooth colored, and you really don't see them.

Honestly, if all you have are gaps between your teeth, Invisialign will work great. They are far better for teeth with lots of gaps than crowded teeth.