Three more trays to go.....

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nvrsaynvr

Three more trays to go.....

#1 Post by nvrsaynvr »

I switched my trays last night.
I have three more trays on the uppers to go. Im loving it!!! I love my teeth!!
I still have nine trays to go on my bottoms, but my teeth look great on the bottom too.
They are very healthy!
My husband has metal braces and has had braces much longer than I.
He gets his off in December - so my uppers will be completed before he gets his metals off and soon after he gets his metals off, my lowers will be completed.
Im SOOOooooo glad I went with Invisalign!!!
:D :lol: :) :D :lol: :) :D :lol: :) :D :D :D :D :D

Dawna

#2 Post by Dawna »

I need a 'jealous' smiley here! LOL. Happy for you, and looking forward to (hopefully) the same result over here. Do you have pics posted anywhere?

nvrsaynvr

#3 Post by nvrsaynvr »

No, I havent posted any pics. I did try taking pics of my teeth with my digital camera and I wasnt happy how they turned out. So, I never posted them and I deleted them.

I was taking them and the lighting was wrong, or too close pics or too far away pics - ergh, I got so frustrated after 30 or so pics, I gave up and said nevermind.

diehard

#4 Post by diehard »

:lol: sounds like the same story I had tried and then gave up after 1 hour of frustration I think u need some help to take good pictures but that defeats the idea of having a treatment where people do not know about invisalign

summersun3eb

pictures

#5 Post by summersun3eb »

use the digital macro setting on your camera, you should get better pictures.

nvrsaynvr

#6 Post by nvrsaynvr »

Thanks! Next time I have the time - I will try. :D

AnneC

#7 Post by AnneC »

As for taking pics of you own mouth & getting the same "pose" or angle more than once for comparison's sake - it's tricky! Here's what I've found works for me:

Best lighting is outdoors out of direct sun - prop a mirror on a table tilted so you can easily see the viewfinder in it, while resting your elbows on the table top to steady your digital cam. Try to position you camera straight on to your mouth for full frontal views - maybe about 8" away. The open mouth & profile views are a bit tougher since you're just guestimating where to hold the camera, but you will get the hang of it eventually. Yes - definitely macro setting with half flash for fill in helps, too.

Keep at it - you'll get some decent shots to compare your progress. I'm glad to have them just for my own documentation, too. It's really motivating to actually see how much your teeth have moved from set to set.

nvrsaynvr - you mentioned in the other thread that your uppers were totally perfect and straight - so what exactly needed changing with them? Widening your arch at all? I'm sure you've posted before how many trays you have overall, but can you tell us again please?

Thanks,
Anne

nvrsaynvr

#8 Post by nvrsaynvr »

Sorry - this is what I meant.
My uppers are totally straight NOW.
They were a bit crooked and crowed when I started and they were very narrow. So crowded that I couldnt fit dental floss between my teeth with out cutting my gums.
Take your thumb and pointy finger and make a "V" - this was my smile in the beginning. Now take your thumb and pointy and make a "C" , this is now my smile.
My lowers were crowed like the website that was posted earlier and now my lowers look better like the comparision of the website. (the before and after of the lowers are exactly like mine)
Basically my lowers are straight NOW except for one tooth that is set back to allow others to straighten out. Now my trays are pushing that one tooth forward. The bottoms were very bad in the beginning.
Gosh - I hope I didnt confuse you more. :roll:
If you go to the Invisalign.com and look at Success Stories, then "actual results" and see the example # 2. That is sort of what my uppers looked liked. But actually I think my uppers results look better than the results on the website.
Im very happy with my uppers.
My uppers: 17 trays at 3 weeks each
My lowers: 23 trays at 3 weeks each
$6500.00 for all. (US Dollars)
$250.00 for laser whiting when Im done
Then Im going to have all my silver fillings redone in white. This is going to cost me $100.00 per tooth.

diehard

#9 Post by diehard »

i don`t think ill have the laser whitening when finished im gonna go for home whitening which will give me 5 shades insted of 8 which might me toooooooooooo brite for ordinary brit :)