Help!! Am I overreacting???

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

waiting2smile

Help!! Am I overreacting???

#1 Post by waiting2smile »

Ok so today after dinner I noticed that one of my top front teeth was slightly wiggly, not loose like when you were a kid and you had a tooth falling out but loose enough that I could move it back and forth and definitely notice it. :shock: I had my aligner out a little longer than normal because I had a filling done today and half of my face was still numb so I had to eat slowly. I'm trying to tell myself that this makes perfect sense- of course a tooth might feel loose, I am wearing the aligners to move my teeth into a proper position and until they have been there for a while this may just be expected. However since I am trying to give myself this advice its not sticking so well and I am kinda freaked out by this. I'm sure all of you at one time had tried to pull off that aligner and you'd swear that you were taking a tooth out along with it; Im wondering now may this actually happen to me!!! :shock: I'm sure (I hope) I’m overreacting but the thought of a front tooth just falling out is really really freaking me out.

Any other Invisalign users experience this?

I got in for my next appointment Monday, so I plan to ask my doctor about it then but for now any reassurance would be much appreciated!!

missingu

#2 Post by missingu »

Since I don't have invisalign, I can't speak from experience, but my vote is to just call the ortho/dentist tomorrow and ask. Why wait and keep worrying?

buttercup

#3 Post by buttercup »

ya that has def not happened to me and probably shouldnt. it shouldnt be so extreme. i say call your doc's cell.

pucca26

#4 Post by pucca26 »

I have a friend using normal orthodontic that has a molar that was moving a lot, her ortho said it was ok, she is about 48 years old so his ortho said it was normal for her age :huh:
Anyway I would try to call my ortho as soon as I can.
Upper Lingual Braces - On, April 7th, 2006 - Off, August 23rd, 2007
Lower Inspire Ice Braces - On, June 9th, 2006 - Off, January 3rd, 2008

NSolano

#5 Post by NSolano »

yeah I would see my ortho quickly.
I've never had my teeth be that loose, I've had them be extreme sore when I first change aligners