Geri's blog

Did you start your own braces diary at another website or blog? Tell everyone about it here, and make a link to its web address.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Geri

Geri's blog

#1 Post by Geri »

Hi all

I have posted some 'before' pics on my new blog "BraceForImpact", just follow the link below. Enjoy - can't wait to post the 'after pics' only 18-24 months! hehe.

Geri

http://tendybooth.blogspot.com/
Last edited by Geri on Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music in the soul can be heard by the universe
Upper ceramics: 3 Oct 2005, Lower metals: 1 Nov 2005
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces remove: April 4, 2007!

Geri

#2 Post by Geri »

I just read BBSadmins advice about how to use this forum...opps, better late than never.

Well, I am 34, live in NH and am officially starting my braces journey tomorrow - getting spacers, x-rays and molds. Then on 3rd October I get upper ceramics.

Its going to cost USD 4,800 in all, which I thought was quite reasonable.

I have an overbite (top teeth entirely cover bottom teeth) and have been told I will have to wear elastics at some point, but that's all I know right now. I have a BIG list of questions for the ortho tomorrow. I wonder if she can tell which of her patients have been on this board by the level of their knowledge? :D A couple of weeks ago I didn't know my arch-wire from my elbow! Woo hoo, am very excited and can't wait to begin the transformation. :dance:

Evelyn

#3 Post by Evelyn »

very nice site Geri! Your teeth look pretty nice even before the braces, especially the top ones, hopefully your journey shouldn't take too long!

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Geri

#4 Post by Geri »

Thanks Eve. This is my second time around in braces - I had them when I about 14 in the UK. So I guess the major problems were addressed then. Still, it just shows how people's perception differs, when you say I have pretty nice teeth to begin with, because I just see the flaws and have been self-conscious about my smile forever! Well, I am now doing something about it and am going to smile my head off with braces. You seem to have a great attitude towards them and reading about that really helps.

Geri

Blog updated 30 October 2005 - lots of pics!

#5 Post by Geri »

Hello all, I've finally got around to posting the pics of my first month in braces. Please excuse the stained ligs in the first pictures - but at least I enjoyed getting them that way - I love curry!

Geri

http://tendybooth.blogspot.com/

2XRound

Great blog

#6 Post by 2XRound »

I don't know how to blog but yours is great. I think you should write a book about your second trip around.
I'm glad you can now close your teeth enough to chew. My cemented molars have kept me wide open :oops: . I found an old hat with a veil and I wore it to church; it was the first time no one noticed my gaping. :cry:
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;29;124/st/20130308/e/Full+Braces+were+applied/k/91e6/event.png[/img]

[color=#0080FF]
[size=150]Alexandra (Alex)[/size][/color]

rkorn

question

#7 Post by rkorn »

did you have any extractions before braces? Did you get to keep your wisdom teeth?

Geri

#8 Post by Geri »

Thanks 2X - I enjoy keeping track of the journey - glad you like it! If you wanted to keep one just go to http://www.blogger.com/start and click 'create your own blog' - it's free and quite straightforward. :D

Not being able to close your lips properly must be difficult and I feel for you. Try to keep positive and feel free to vent when you feel the need here - I know I will! :D

Geri

#9 Post by Geri »

Hi rkorn - I had 4 teeth extracted as a teenager (when having braces first time around) but I still have my wisdoms.

Geri

2nd adjustment

#10 Post by Geri »

Just thought I'd post a message that I've updated my blog today following my 2nd ajustment.

Geri

#11 Post by Geri »

I was asking for a soft veggie taco in the mall today when someone said "wow, you are the first person I've seen who also has clarity braces". And sure enough, we did have matching grills. I can't tell you how pleased I was too meet another person with braces, and even though my face was going slightly red (darn shyness) I was happy to chat with her while we waited for our quick dinner to be prepared.

I was amazed at how unnoticable her braces were, and assume mine are just the same. It was really interesting to see them on someone else...I couldn't stop looking! I think she had white wire ties on her brackets, they looked so bright. My, somewhat stained, clear rubber ligs were not doing me proud at that moment, and I might have to ask for wires ligs next time. She was really friendly and asked if I had tried the Oral-b superfloss - it made me smile to be asked that question as it was so unusual for the first minute of conversation. I haven't, as it happens, but it sounds good, with three different thicknesses of floss in one strip, so I will try it when I run out the Crest Glide threader floss, which is pretty good stuff. I usually swap between using threader floss and normal with a floss threader just to keep it interesting. I've even accumulated several brands of toothpaste and mouthwash, which is most unlike me as I usually like to keep things minimal/less stuff.

So we went our seperate ways but I was happy to have met another braceface, even if in another state (MA). I have yet to see another lesser spotted braceface in NH - I'll keep a look-out though. My new hobby, not birding but bracing! hehehe

Geri

Nearly there!

#12 Post by Geri »

Wow - it's been a long time since I posted here, but I've been a regular lurker and have enjoyed reading the posts and hearing how people have got on.

I get my braces off on Wednesday 4th April....the magic day! The past few weeks have gone by so slowly, I am too excited! :) I will be sure to post before, during, and after pictures in the naked tooth forum to repay all those people who posted their pictures and provided much needed encouragement and inspiration.

So, until then.....good luck and hope you all see tons of movement!