Beginning my jaw surgery journey!

Did you start your own braces diary at another website or blog? Tell everyone about it here, and make a link to its web address.

Moderator: bbsadmin

arraye

Beginning my jaw surgery journey!

#1 Post by arraye »

Hello!

I am 24 years old, I'm in Scotland and I'm about to embark on a ~3 year journey involving braces and jaw surgery. I intend to blog my progress and would love to hear from other people who have taken treatment similar to me on the NHS or who have started with similar issues to me. I didn't realise until recently that I qualified for NHS treatment as an adult and am excited to *finally* start my journey!

I have an anterior open bite, a crossbite and my teeth sit at a slight angle; I need jaw surgery to correct these as orthodontic treatment alone won't do it. I keep forgetting to ask at appointments what my official diagnosis is; they did tell me but I wasn't paying full attention due to being a bit overwhelmed...

My braces get put on in January! I'm so excited! My mouth has always been a huge source of insecurity for me and it feels good to be *finally* doing something about it.

My blog is at https://mynhsjawblog.wordpress.com/ and I've included a pic of my teeth before the braces are on. :D I've also included a somewhat detailed timeline of my journey so far which I hope interests those who are expecting to be getting NHS treatment in the future and would like to know what to expect.