six month misery

Did you start your own braces diary at another website or blog? Tell everyone about it here, and make a link to its web address.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jenny3285

six month misery

#1 Post by jenny3285 »

As a girl who loves her food... I feel my tastebuds are in some sort of plastic prison...
Has anyone else got "bite guards" in?! I can't touch my teeth together which makes chewing tricky! I keep going to bed with heart burn!!
This is just the icing on the cake along with the thing slicing up the inside of my mouth like a cheese grater.
I better loose some weight during this process.....
LOVE x

jenny3285

Re: six month misery

#2 Post by jenny3285 »

My six month smiles photos and moans ...http://www.mybraceface.com/#home

chrisgemini1985

#3 Post by chrisgemini1985 »

I've got them too and it's something I wasn't prepared for so it really freaked me out when I first got them. I think I'm used to it now though and I can eat most things without too much of an issue!

ebills

#4 Post by ebills »

My ortho office called them "turbo bites". Two were attached to the inside of my upper front teeth. They were actually, in my case, meant to prevent my bottom teeth from hitting the upper brackets, so it wasn't that bad for me. They were still really annoying, as food would get lodged up and I wasn't able to feel (with my tongue) the inside of my upper teeth to assess my progress, which bummed me out.

You can see pictures of my turbo bites here: https://smilemrsbills.files.wordpress.c ... esized.jpg

Armyvetmom

#5 Post by Armyvetmom »

I totally understand. I have the worst experience in my sleep. I bite inside of my jaw, the brackets are pressed against the inside of my mouth.... it's a real mess. :shock:

xlilithx

#6 Post by xlilithx »

I've got the bite guards in - six month smile here, started yesterday - and I'm really struggling with eating too. I loooooooove eating :-(( Especially difficult now that I'm experiencing tooth/gum tenderness too.