My reason to smile

Did you start your own braces diary at another website or blog? Tell everyone about it here, and make a link to its web address.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tammyd2

My reason to smile

#1 Post by tammyd2 »

Hi

Here's a link to my blog, I'm 3 days into having braces and could do with tips and advice.
I'm struggling to adjust to them :/

http://myreason2smile.wordpress.com/

Tammy :crazy:
Cape Town, South Africa

GameChanger

Re: My reason to smile

#2 Post by GameChanger »

Tammy - loved reading your blog I'm like you just never went through with it and now im finally ready...I had my records appointment yesterday and will be getting my braces on next week on the 22nd. I'm so nervous and don't know what to expect that makes it worse lol! I'm also going full metal...good luck on your journey I too will soon be posting pics

tammyd2

#3 Post by tammyd2 »

Thanks so much for the responses! All the best for your journey!
It's not that bad but certainly takes some getting used to! I still can't chew anything due to the lovely blue bite bumpers on my back teeth, it's caused me to not be able to bite at all. I'm just trying to remain positive, I know it might be a little too soon but I swear I see movement albeit just a little.
That could explain the pain :D
When I was cleaning my teeth last night I unspect each tooth, and my bottom front looked as though it had turned a little, I know this because the there was a visible difference in colour which is never seen. And I inspect all the time! It was as if I missed a spot flossing!
Full metal... Woweeee you're very brave! My friend Daniel has full metal and it really looks good. I feel like the clear stands out because it makes my teeth look massive. But just remember, it's always going to look crappy when they put the braces on, they never advertise braces on crooked teeth, you'll only ever see adds with perfect teeth (I expected to look better and I got a shock).
Looking forward to reading about your journey!

LingualWearer

#4 Post by LingualWearer »

Looking forward to seeing your progress! It's amazing to watch them move week by week. The first 1.5 years I took a couple pics every month or two just to see the progress. It'll be worth it in the end

Heythereimfrank

#5 Post by Heythereimfrank »

Looks like you're off to a really awesome start so far, I'm so excited for you, I'm just a month behind!

aspiromusings

#6 Post by aspiromusings »

Thank you for sharing your experience on your blog

I am 33 and am scheduled to be braced in March :( seeing how you got such amazing results in about a year gives me hope!
Blog - http://aspiroisbraced.blogspot.com/

Top Braces on 20th March 2015

Bottom braces on 28th August 2015

Top premolars extracted 25th April 2015

Debraced 15th December 2017 :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-*

tammyd2

#7 Post by tammyd2 »

aspiromusings wrote:Thank you for sharing your experience on your blog

I am 33 and am scheduled to be braced in March :( seeing how you got such amazing results in about a year gives me hope!

Hello! Thanks for the message! I, excited to you to begin your journey!
I haven't even been braced for half a year though, I'm on 3 and a half months only :-D
Had my first dental clean this weekend and my dentist was shocked I'd progressed so fast, and also thinks its partially due to the waterpik (it massages the gums and keeps them clean and healthy). I struggled quite badly with normal flossing though and had quite a bad build up on bottom incisors. She said I must have a lot of calcium in my saliva as all my other teeth were sparkly clean. Start a blog if you can, it's pretty cool to look back and see how you've progressed. I will be writing another entry into it today :)
30 year old from Cape Town, South Africa.
Read my story: http://myreason2smile.wordpress.com

buffon85

#8 Post by buffon85 »

nice progress! i can't believe that there is such a fast progress! i have to tell you that I also like the before, they were vampire-like :oops: :oops:
but your teeth now are amazing! :D