Braces Blog: SARPE surgery

Did you start your own braces diary at another website or blog? Tell everyone about it here, and make a link to its web address.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MemeAimee

Braces Blog: SARPE surgery

#1 Post by MemeAimee »

Hi, I'm 19 years old, I got my braces in January of this year (2014), my blog follows my journey in metal - along with my SARPE surgery.

Please check it out!! :)
http://memehasbraces.blogspot.ca/

braced159

Re: Braces Blog: SARPE surgery

#2 Post by braced159 »

Nice blog. That expander is gnarly.

saggyhaggis

#3 Post by saggyhaggis »

Good blog. Keep up the good work.

I have yet to start my treatment on the NHS here in the uk. I am due to have sarpe, braces and jaw surgery, but have not been given any dates yet after over a year of appointments. I have a very narrow upper palette, crowding, impacted wisdom teeth, assymmetrical lower jaw and my upper jaw has a slight cant.

I have always been a mouth breather and was led to believe that sarpe will improve my nose breathing. Would you say that your breathing has improved after the sarpe surgery?

:BigGrin:

SpottedPickle

#4 Post by SpottedPickle »

Nice blog!

emarra22

#5 Post by emarra22 »

Nice blog! I love the design! Good luck with your journey :)

nicolafay

#6 Post by nicolafay »

Meme has braces is an ace blog! and it really gave me a feeling of excitment, maybe she had a easier ride than others with this?!

I have a narrow upper jaw and cross bite, I mainly want braces/SARPE to give me a wider smile so I don't have these 'tunneles' either side of my jaw when I smile but I wonder some days if I can put myself through something when I dont actually need it. However I am unhappy with my teeth and smile and have been for as long as I can remember, the thought of having a lovely smile makes me so happy!

So lets say I have decided I am going through with it, I have some questions for those that can help me...

How did you feel as soon as you woke from Surgery? Feelings in your mouth, stiches and pain etc and how did you feel a few days after?
How did the feeling of turning the hyrax feel in your mouth?
How long did you finish turning before your gap closed?
How does the gap close? On its own after you have finished turning?

I have been told that once this process is over I'll need the brace on for an additional 8-10 months tops, which sounds like no time at all.

Any help is fully appreciated :)

Ridingboots

#7 Post by Ridingboots »

Great blog am also in for jaw surgery so totally understand your worries

Schedule
Braces Installed 23 Oct 2014
Adjustment - 18 Dec 14, 19 Feb 15, 7 Apr
5 Mar 15 Palate installed
Somewhere in the Future- Double Jaw Surgery