First day with braces

Did you start your own braces diary at another website or blog? Tell everyone about it here, and make a link to its web address.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cooperrmi

First day with braces

#1 Post by cooperrmi »

I am 32 and got braces put on today. This site really helped me knowing my options and not being so embarrassed to have adult braces. I also went back and forth between metal and ceramic, I'm glad as of today I chose ceramic for the top. Hurting a little bit, lots of anvil so far. Woo hoo

JeniK

Re: First day with braces

#2 Post by JeniK »

Congrats cooperrmi!!! I have had my braces for about 30 hrs now! I am doing great! I have had virtually no pain! I do have one tooth that was a bit sore this morning. But not really a bother to speak of. No wax as of yet. Today is not over with...nor is tomorrow here! I am not looking for pain...but didn't think I would be so lucky as I have been so far!
Including you...there are 4 of us on here that have had our braces put on within a week. So it is nice keeping track of everyone's progress!
I also have ceramic top..but have metal on the bottom. I am 55 and thrilled that I finally have braces!!! :jump:

mitboi

#3 Post by mitboi »

One more day till I get braced. Good luck guys!

JeniK

#4 Post by JeniK »

Wow!! Had no idea...there are 5 of us joining the "braced" ranks within a few days!!

Good luck mitboi!!! Keep us posted!!

Cooperrmi....I hope you are doing better !!

cooperrmi

#5 Post by cooperrmi »

Good luck getting them on today mitboi! Day 2 waking up....Ouch! JeniK you aren't sore at all?

PaisleyGrrl81

#6 Post by PaisleyGrrl81 »

Congrats, Cooperrmi ! I am also 32, and will be braced on August 28th. I'm not enjoying the fact that nervousness and fear are starting to trump the excitement. I read some posts where people are pain free and feeling like they were born with their braces, and others who are miserable with pain and depressed. Eek! :| I hope I fall under the category of the former. Only time will tell. Countdown: T-minus 20 days.................... :shock:

mitboi

#7 Post by mitboi »

just got my top metal braces this morning.. am feeling the pressure now but it isn't too bad yet!

drinking ice water is sure satisfying at the moment.. lol

task

#8 Post by task »

Congrats :)

Good luck with the journey.

kids041

#9 Post by kids041 »

Congrats! I am one of the 5 that started all on or about the same day! Yah for us :jump: :jump:
I am on day 5 and my teeth are achy and very tight in the front. I don't think I have seen any movement, but I can feel them kinda clicking (if that makes sense) and I guess that means that maybe they are loosening in preparation for movement. :D
How has your pain been? I hope not too bad. I only had to use wax the firs 2 days, after that I have been good.

JeniK

#10 Post by JeniK »

Hello to all the newbies in braces! (I am one of you!) I am doing so much better than I expected! After reading on here for over 2 months...I was expecting it to be worse. I feel like I have had braces for longer than just 4 days. I do have 2 tender teeth..but as long as I do touch them..no pain ! No sore cheeks or pokey places. I can feel the brackets touching my lips..but not in a painful way. Still staying with the soft food...with the molar buildups..there is no way I could chew right now. But I am ok with that!

I hope everyone else is doing ok. Wax is good. I do have one bracket way in the back on the upper left side that has wax on it. No where else though. :jump:

cooperrmi

#11 Post by cooperrmi »

It's now been almost 2 weeks with my braces! I feel good and they no longer hurt. It's still strange to be around people sometimes and I definitely have a bit of a lisp...I'm just excited to have pretty teeth in 6-9 months. I did get the ceramic which I was worried about staining. They aren't bad. I have had family in town for the last week and half so tough to keep up with taking care of them as much as I should. They aren't stained, just not as "clear"
also, my tooth is loose which I read is normal! It's very strange!
Hope everyone else is doing well

Woobster

#12 Post by Woobster »

I'm 34 and get mine next Wednesday. I admit... I'm a little scared.

I had braces when I was 13-15 and never thought I'd be doing it again. But... I'll do what I need to in order to keep my teeth healthy.

JeniK

#13 Post by JeniK »

Welcome!! You will do fine...and be glad you are doing this!!

ichigo9

#14 Post by ichigo9 »

I'm 25 and hoping to get braced soon! I was wondering what made you choose ceramic over metal?

JeniK

#15 Post by JeniK »

When I went in for my consult...Dr said most patients my age would prefer the clear ...when he told me there would no extra cost for me if I wanted clear...I decided then to do the clear. He went on to say he would rather do clear on top..and metal on the bottom...the chance of my top teeth hitting the bottom brackets...the ceramic had the chance to chip my front teeth...so he suggested metal would be alot better on the bottom. That is what I have. Clear and metal.