First day with braces

Did you start your own braces diary at another website or blog? Tell everyone about it here, and make a link to its web address.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JeniK

Re: First day with braces

#16 Post by JeniK »

When I went in for my consult...Dr said most patients my age would prefer the clear ...when he told me there would no extra cost for me if I wanted clear...I decided then to do the clear. He went on to say he would rather do clear on top..and metal on the bottom...the possibility of my top teeth hitting the bottom brackets...the ceramic had the chance of chipping my front teeth...so he suggested metal would be alot better on the bottom. That is what I have. Clear and metal.

rikkoberry

#17 Post by rikkoberry »

Good luck!!!!!

Damonclearupdown

#18 Post by Damonclearupdown »

I got my Damon clear braces put on few days ago, hurting a bit and the lower wire is rubbing against my cheek :( using the wax really helps

momzia87

#19 Post by momzia87 »

Hello damonclearupanddown.....even i got damon clear on my top teeth on oct 12th...it hurt from day 2 to day 5 but nothin unbearable..my lowers may b put in at my next appointment in 4 weeks....cant wait to get them...dental wax is a life saver!...do u c any progress... i kno its too soon but am getting sooo impatient :l

emiii

#20 Post by emiii »

Did you have the damon braces put on? Or ceramic/metal? Thanks!!

Aspiring

#21 Post by Aspiring »

[quote="emiii"]Did you have the damon braces put on? Or ceramic/metal? Thanks!![/quote]
Damon is a brand name (manufacturer). Ceramic/metal refers to the materials from which the brackets are manufactured. Damon makes ceramaic and metal brackets, as do most other manufacturers of brackets.

natnat

#22 Post by natnat »

I had the Damon/clear on top and metal on bottom and haven't regretted it.

Been two weeks and it is still sometimes weird to have a mouth full of braces!

louis

#23 Post by louis »

I have stoppers in to stop my teeth from hitting the bottom ceramic brackets until my bite is pulled together with elastics, quite annoying!