Braces go July 11 can't decided between metal or clear

Did you start your own braces diary at another website or blog? Tell everyone about it here, and make a link to its web address.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tymack

Braces go July 11 can't decided between metal or clear

#1 Post by tymack »

I have a gap at the top and a huge one at the bottom. I am 36 and can't make a decision between metal or clear. My son's have metal braces and they will be coming off August 12 :jump: . So I thought why not take plunge. I hate my smile and very self conscious when I talk. I always assume people are looking at my teeth. I just want to be confident and smile again in pictures. I have shyed away from social media because I hate my smile.

mapleleafman888

Re: Braces go July 11 can't decided between metal or clear

#2 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Hey! My braces also are scheduled to go on july 11th! SOunds like there might be a bit of a 'planning delay' though.

Congrats for taking the plunge, things will only get better. I'm 25 and a guy to boot so, it wasn't easy making the decision to get braces...the easy decision was to go with clear top brackets though as they are more aesthetic.

In my photos I turn my head to the left to hide my canines (been called a vampire alot!) plus my teeth are way off center and my bottoms show more than my tops!

Keep strong, follow through and I'm sure a few months of transitioning will be worth it when we looking back in 5 or 10 years time. It seems like there is lots of support here! Please keep us posted and good luck!