Braces at 31

Did you start your own braces diary at another website or blog? Tell everyone about it here, and make a link to its web address.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Uglytiger

Braces at 31

#1 Post by Uglytiger »

I have just got Damon clear yesterday for both upper & lower jaws. My pre-molars were removed 5 weeks before the braces was put on. I know, the wait was long, but my ortho said they needed time to heal. Anyway, I'm on braces now, Woohoo.

Uglytiger

Re: Braces at 31

#2 Post by Uglytiger »

I'm posting by iPhone, so I couldn't type long. Up until now, the pain on my teeth is bearable, I still haven't taken any painkiller yet, but I couldn't chew as my molars are glued with stuff thing that preventing my upper jaw touching/cracking my lower braces. This is really annoyed as I can't eat :(. I don't know how long these molar build up things is remove. :((

Uglytiger

#3 Post by Uglytiger »

Hi AW,

It has been nearly 3 weeks since the day I got braces. I am experience no pain at all, except for the 2nd and 3rd day, my teeth was just a bit sore. I can eat as normal despite the fact that I couldn't chewed well due to the molar buildups. There is no movement up to now, it is quite understandable as I have no pain so far.
My next appointment will be in 2 weeks time, hopefully my ortho might change the wire or put the elastic in, so my teeth can show some movements.
I still don't have privileged to upload the picture yet, when I can, I will upload mines.
Thanks for reading.

shiningnebula

#4 Post by shiningnebula »

Hello, I know this post is a year old so I was curious so ask how you got on? I'm 31 and have had my braces on for a month. The first checkup appointment was very painful so was wondering if you had the wire changed and the teeth filed down every visit? Thanks!